Alan, 69, and now-wife Rima Horton, 68, secretly got married in a small ceremony in New York earlier this year.
The actor revealed the big news only recently in an interview with German newspaper Bild.
"We are married. Just recently. It was great, because no one was there," the Huffington Post quotes Alan as saying.
"After the wedding in New York we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and ate lunch."
Alan and Rima met when he was 19 and she was 18 and have been together for 50 years. The British actor is well-known for his work in film and on the stage, while Rima has reportedly worked as a university lecturer and has also served as a councillor in the London Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- FamilySonny Bill Williams pays tribute to wife Alana for holding their family together as he leaves for England
Now To LoveYesterday 11:57am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveFeb 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020