Drew Barrymore just got candid about her weight fluctuation during and after she works on a TV show or movie, but not everyone has been so friendly about her appearance.
In fact, her "pigging out" led her mom, daughter, and even a stranger to think she's pregnant.
A fan stopped The Wedding Singer star — who is a mum to daughters Olive, 5, and Frankie, 3 — at a restaurant recently and said, "She's like, 'God, you have so many kids,' and I go 'Well not all of them are mine, I just have two.' And she's like, 'Well, and you're expecting, obviously.' And I just looked at her and go 'No, I'm just fat right now.'"
Ouch! But she took it like a champ.
"And I walked out of the restaurant and I was like, 'Oh man, that is rough.'"
Drew shared that when she's filming her show Santa Clarita Diet she takes her diet seriously, and when she's not, she indulges.
"When I first started the show, I was 145 lbs. and my life was kind of falling apart," Drew — who recently divorced husband Will Kopelman — shared.
"And I said, 'Victor [Fresco, the show's executive producer], can I lose 20 lbs. over the course of the show, and change my eyebrows and the height of my shoes and the body language and attitude and go from someone who's kind of naïve and unhappy to someone who's empowered and alive?' And he said yes, and so I got to make that transformation," Drew added.
Story continues after video.
So, how'd she drop the weight so easily? "When I'm doing the show I'm a vegan and I barely eat anything, and I workout every day, and it's so healthy," she said.
"It gets to be euphoric, and then it's like food poisoning, you feel like you'll never eat again, and then before you know it you're pigging out with the feed bag strapped to your face. And I'm a foodie, and love food and I travel the world for food, so I get heavy again between the show."
You go, girl!
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020