2017 was undoubtedly a transformative year for the beauty industry.
Face masks, Korean beauty and celebrity collaborations – think Gigi Hadid x Maybelline and Victoria Beckham x Estee Lauder – came out on top.
This year, K-beauty is poised to go from strength to strength and no needle skin procedures will transform the way an entire generation of women approach beauty.
But what else is going to be HUGE in 2018? Check it out below.
The one-size-fits-all approach just won't cut it anymore – we're all unique and our skincare should be too. Expect more tailored beauty products and treatments moving forward.
Already at the forefront is Kiwi skincare brand Tailor, which adheres to a base and concentrate system via a dropper dispenser. Simply combine extracts targeted to your skin type and concern into a base and shake to blend the formulation!
Beauty therapists are also embracing a customised approach more than ever, using a careful curation of products exclusively selected for skin type, concerns and goals.
In an almost complete contrast to the evolution of technology in beauty, there's also a collective shift towards the age-old attitude of embracing beauty from the inside out.
Cult brands like Glossier are catapulting the desire for beautiful skin with taglines like 'skin first, make-up second', so it's no wonder consumers are adopting a more inside out approach to their skin.
The lines between health, fitness and beauty are rapidly blurring, which we've already observed with the launch of Clinique Fit range last month.
Skincare that tackles environmental stresses such as pollution, UV exposure and blue light will boom.
Brands are now developing skincare that combats environmental stressors found indoors as well as out – air conditioning, heating and blue light from computer screens to name a few.
Erin is the editor of BEAUTYDIRECTORY and beauty editor at Good Health Choices and Food. You can follow her on Instagram @erinberr.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020