Originating from Asia, sheet masks are a fun and reasonably inexpensive way to pamper your skin. They might look a little strange, but they get fantastic results.
Shaped like a face so it hugs every contour, these clever masks are made from a very fine layer of paper, cotton, gel or foil, pre-soaked in concentrated serums and sealed in individual sachets, ready to use.
Prepare your skin by cleansing and exfoliating first so that all of the goodness from the mask is able to be absorbed effectively.
Unwrap the sheet, position it over your face and relax but not before you make the most of any precious serum left in the sachet by scooping up the excess and massaging it over your neck, decollete and the back of your hands.
At the end of the recommended time, throw away the mask and pat any remaining product residue into your skin until it's absorbed.
Seal the deal with a moisturiser over the top.
For strengthening skin:
Out late February, we can't wait to try Lancome's Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask, $40. It's loaded with probiotics and in particular, Bifidus, to boost the skin's resistance to environmental nasties.
30mls of serum in each sheet of Clarins' Instant Lift Serum Mask, $150 (pack of 5) gives skin a good soaking of anti-aging goodness and we love how this mask fits all the way down over the neck area too.
For dull skin:
Give it a dose of vitamin C and brightening ingredients with Mecca Cosmetica Lit from Within Sheet Mask, $50 (pack of four), to get an instantly more radiant complexion.
For a big event:
Help your make-up glide on seamlessly by prepping skin with the Estee Lauder Double Wear 3 Minute Priming + Moisture Mask, $80 (pack of eight) or $15 for an individual mask.
For puffy eyes:
If bags under your eyes are a problem, the activated charcoal within these gel pads will soothe and re-energise them. BLAQ Hydrogel Eye Masks, $29.99 (pack of five).
For a youthful lift:
Shiseido Revital Lifting Mask Science EX, $167 (pack of 6) uses state-of-the-art 'Lift-up Technology' to firm the contours of the face, at least for a few hours anyway.
Innoxa Wrinkle Defence with Collagen Face Sheet Mask, $14.99, works to strengthen the skin's elasticity for a fresh glow.
For plumping wrinkles:
Hyaluronic acid combined with a stretchy fabric means Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask, $24.99, (pack of five) fits snugly over your entire face for maximum absorption.
For a holiday glow:
Faux tan comes together with hyaluronic acid in the St Tropez Self Tan Express Facial Sheet Mask, $15.99. The longer you leave it on, the deeper the dewy glow becomes.
For congested skin:
The charcoal in Freeman Beauty Cleansing Sheet Mask, $7.50, will work to draw out the impurities, while a dose of pro-biotics helps to boost the health of your skin.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020