Originating from Asia, sheet masks are a fun and reasonably inexpensive way to pamper your skin. They might look a little strange, but they get fantastic results.
Shaped like a face so it hugs every contour, these clever masks are made from a very fine layer of paper, cotton, gel or foil, pre-soaked in concentrated serums and sealed in individual sachets, ready to use.
Prepare your skin by cleansing and exfoliating first so that all of the goodness from the mask is able to be absorbed effectively.
Unwrap the sheet, position it over your face and relax but not before you make the most of any precious serum left in the sachet by scooping up the excess and massaging it over your neck, decollete and the back of your hands.
At the end of the recommended time, throw away the mask and pat any remaining product residue into your skin until it's absorbed.
Seal the deal with a moisturiser over the top.
For strengthening skin:
Out late February, we can't wait to try Lancome's Genifique Hydrogel Melting Mask, $40. It's loaded with probiotics and in particular, Bifidus, to boost the skin's resistance to environmental nasties.
30mls of serum in each sheet of Clarins' Instant Lift Serum Mask, $150 (pack of 5) gives skin a good soaking of anti-aging goodness and we love how this mask fits all the way down over the neck area too.
For dull skin:
Give it a dose of vitamin C and brightening ingredients with Mecca Cosmetica Lit from Within Sheet Mask, $50 (pack of four), to get an instantly more radiant complexion.
For a big event:
Help your make-up glide on seamlessly by prepping skin with the Estee Lauder Double Wear 3 Minute Priming + Moisture Mask, $80 (pack of eight) or $15 for an individual mask.
For puffy eyes:
If bags under your eyes are a problem, the activated charcoal within these gel pads will soothe and re-energise them. BLAQ Hydrogel Eye Masks, $29.99 (pack of five).
For a youthful lift:
Shiseido Revital Lifting Mask Science EX, $167 (pack of 6) uses state-of-the-art 'Lift-up Technology' to firm the contours of the face, at least for a few hours anyway.
Innoxa Wrinkle Defence with Collagen Face Sheet Mask, $14.99, works to strengthen the skin's elasticity for a fresh glow.
For plumping wrinkles:
Hyaluronic acid combined with a stretchy fabric means Neutrogena Hydro Boost Mask, $24.99, (pack of five) fits snugly over your entire face for maximum absorption.
For a holiday glow:
Faux tan comes together with hyaluronic acid in the St Tropez Self Tan Express Facial Sheet Mask, $15.99. The longer you leave it on, the deeper the dewy glow becomes.
For congested skin:
The charcoal in Freeman Beauty Cleansing Sheet Mask, $7.50, will work to draw out the impurities, while a dose of pro-biotics helps to boost the health of your skin.
- BodyToni Street reflects on the extreme toll her auto-immune disease took on her body
Now To LoveToday 4:02pm
- WeddingsTwo years in the making: Tiki Taane's epic marriage proposal
Woman's DayToday 1:55pm
- TVAussie Bachelor Matt Agnew's embarrassing kissing confession
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- RoyalsA royal biographer dishes on what the Queen carries in her handbag
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- MoneyEverything you need to know about saving for your retirement
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:15am
- CareerPaul Henry reveals he's 'in talks' to return to TV
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin an indulgent prize pack from Young Living Oils
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Diet & NutritionHere are 6 energy-boosting food alternatives to coffee
Now To LoveYesterday 2:45pm
- Food & DrinksThese Kiwi oats are the perfect go-to breakfast for busy mornings
Now To LoveYesterday 1:00pm
- FamilyA former teen mum shares how she went from pregnant prefect to top of NZ in her career
Now To LoveYesterday 12:17pm
- RelationshipsGreg Boyed's widow posts a touching tribute on the first anniversary of his death
Now To LoveYesterday 11:32am
- TVSam Wallace and Eric Murray bare all on Celebrity Treasure Island
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsRevealed: Where Duchess Meghan found inspiration for her wedding day makeup look
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Travel News'Travel agents are retro' and 3 other misconceptions about travel consultants debunked
Now To LoveYesterday 10:11am
- PetsNZ police have posted a touching tribute to Constable Elliott: the world's first police guinea pig
Now To LoveYesterday 9:21am
- CareerBlack Ferns star Kendra Cocksedge: Living her dream and on a mission to help others live theirs
Woman's DayYesterday 8:10am
- WeddingsDying bride's perfect day: My final dream has come true
Woman's DayAug 20, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Harry's trick to beating a heatwave? ‘Budgie smugglers’, he says
Now To LoveAug 20, 2019