With her glossy, California cool-girl hair, and her youthful, glowing complexion, Jennifer Aniston is the picture of health.
So when the 49-year-old actress recently revealed her anti-ageing skincare secrets, we sat up and listened, then swiftly discovered where we could purchase the wonder product she swears by.
Opening up to Well and Good about her morning routine, the Horrible Bosses actress says she keeps her skincare regime very simple.
"My whole face regime is just soap and water to wake myself up, then some sort of Aveeno daily moisturiser that's got SPF in it," she explained.
Jennifer is an ambassador for Aveeno, a cult-favourite beauty brand often sought-after by people with frustrating skin conditions like eczema.
But it's not what Jen puts on her skin, that she says is having the biggest impact, it's what she's putting into her body.
Jen's trick is to add a collagen peptide powder to her morning smoothie and according to the youthful-looking actress, it makes all the difference.
"Usually I'll have a shake, with some sort of pure protein, then bananas, blueberries, frozen cherries, stevia, a vegetable mix of dynamic greens that goes in there, maca powder, and a little cacao," she says.
"There's a collagen peptide that I've been loving -- I've been seeing a difference! My nails are stronger and there's a healthier… how do you explain it? A glow. It's sort of that working from the inside-out thing."
The particular supplement powder Jen uses is Vital Proteins Pasture-Raised, Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides. Many believe ingesting collagen can improve skin's elasticity, strengthen hair and nails, as well as improve tendon, cartilage, bone, and joint degeneration. Although these positive benefits are often contested by scientific studies.
"As we age, our bodies begin to make less and less of the collagen required to keep our bodies going, and so collagen peptide supplements help to replenish these much needed stores in our bodies," reads the Vital Proteins website.
As well as her collagen-boosted smoothies, Jen practises meditation regularly and does daily yoga and spin classes with her personal trainer.
And while she's addressed the pressure on women in Hollywood to appear ageless, she insists she would never touch Botox.
"I think what I have been witness to, is seeing women trying to stay ageless with what they are doing to themselves," she explained in an interview with Bobbi Brown.
"I am grateful to learn from their mistakes, because I am not injecting s-- into my face."
Well said, Jen!
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveToday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveToday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveToday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsTwo of Archie’s godparents have been revealed to be Prince Harry’s closest childhood mentors
Now To LoveYesterday 3:30pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveYesterday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- CareerArchie's beanie: Meet the Kiwi women whose business has been transformed thanks to one royal post
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am
- MindParalympian Sophie Pascoe opens up about her two-year private battle and why she tries to stay real on social media
Good Health ChoicesJan 19, 2020