Hands down, my favourite skincare ingredient is vitamin C, and the first thing you will notice when you start incorporating it by way of a serum into your routine is how much brighter and more even-toned your complexion looks.
On top of that, as an antioxidant, it works hard to shield your skin from the damaging environment (a major source of premature ageing).
And over time, it will help to keep your skin looking firm and toned by stimulating collagen, as well as improving your hydration levels.
Because of its antioxidant properties, a vitamin C serum is ideally applied onto cleansed skin in the morning.
With some of the stronger salon formulations you may need to begin using it every second day until your skin becomes accustomed to using it on a daily basis.
Take time to massage it well into your face, neck and décolletage, then put your moisturiser and sunscreen over the top to seal all of the goodness in.
When vitamin C is included in skincare, it can be in a natural form from botanical ingredients such as citrus, kiwifruit and berries or a synthetic form – the most common of which include ascorbic acid, L-ascorbic acid and sodium ascorbate.
Any form of vitamin C can be prone to breaking down and becoming less potent when exposed to air and light, so look out for packaging that will help prevent this from happening such as opaque tubes, pumps and dark bottles.
Keep your skincare in a cool place, out of the sun with the cap firmly on.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021