If you give your current skincare regime about a 5/10, it's time to take it up a notch. Small changes can take it from good to great and ensure you and your skin are out there living your best lives.
Using a sonic device for cleansing is the perfect way to recreate the efficacy of a professional treatment in your own bathroom. Apply your favourite cleanser to the handheld tool then use it all over the face. The benefits include a deeper than normal product penetration, quick but gentle exfoliation, hygienic removal of oil build-up and dead skin cells, plus a facial massage that that stimulates oxygen and blood-flow circulation, resulting in increased cell turnover and collagen production. Win-win! (win-win-win)
Try: Skinsonic Sonic, $75.
Masks are the beauty world's biggest phenomenon, with the momentum showing no signs of slowing. Sheet masks are a fantastic way to infuse and lock in nourishing, specifically targeted formulations and of course make for an excellent selfie opportunity. Pop one on to work its magic while you're on your latest Netflix binge.
Try: Skinvitals Cloth Mask Treatments, $12.99 each.
A light exfoliant can help to brighten and even out skintone, especially as we age. Cell turnover slows down, which can make skin appear dull, while blotchy pigmentation rears its head. Daily exfoliation with ingredients such as glycolic and alpha-hydroxy acids allows other products to be absorbed more readily, they also clear pores and retexturise skin. Apply at night – doing it in the morning leaves you more sensitive to sunlight – and a light tingle is normal, it's just the acid penetrating. We like a tingle!
Try: Alpha –H Liquid Gold Twin Set 100ml each, $115.
According to the experts, eight and a quarter hours is the optimum amount of sleep we need for our body to operate at its best. Unfortunately this is not a reality for loads of us, with the signs visible on our faces – typical! Let your products do the work while you catch some z's – Shiseido's leave-on, overnight gel mask simulates the effects of sleep for clear, bright and hydrated skin in the morning. The formula contains vitamins C and E, as well as condescended gel capsules which absorb into the skin upon application.
Try: Shiseido IBUKI Beauty Sleeping Mask, $65.
Problem skin is best left to breathe, with the use of heavy foundation potentially clogging and irritating pores even further. This doesn't mean you can't camouflage it though – just opt for a tinted, oil-free treatment moisturiser instead. - Natio's minimises shine and reduces redness, as well as fighting blemishes. Choose a spot treatment that clears active breakouts, but that also prevents new blemishes from fully developing.
Try Natio Acne Clear & Cover Tinted Daily Face Repair oil Free Moisturiser, $18.50 or Murad Acne Spot Treatment, $40.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020