Summer is finally here, which means your plans for Christmas, New Year's parties and holidays can finally become reality.
But with these events - not to mention swims at the beach - comes a lot of hair styling, so it's important you're using products that can be used to create a variety of looks but are also good for your tresses.
In summer your hair faces a lot of challenges: humidity, dryness, dullness and frizziness to name a few, but there is a way to enjoy time in the sun while preserving the health of your hair.
Try our fail-safe haircare products below for glorious locks this summer.
A common complaint during the warmer months is hair becoming dry and brittle, which is why a hair oil can greatly benefit your tresses.
1. Schwarzkopf's Extra Care 6 Miracle Oil Essence contains a mix of pequi, marula, argan, and monoi oil - so you know you're only putting the best in your hair. The oils help reduce split ends, control frizz and soften and condition the hair - just be sure to apply from the mid-lengths down.
2. Extra Care Moisture Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner work to soften and add moisture to your hair. The products use shine sealing technology to ensure your hair stays silky-looking and hydrated over summer - perfect for those with curly or frizzy hair.
Now that you've ensured your hair stays silky smooth, you can work on styling:
3. Styliste Ultime Sea Salt Spray helps create textured, natural-looking waves but doesn't leave a sticky residue.
Apply to damp hair then blow-dry and curl with a large barrelled tong for beachy waves.
Waves not your thing? Try a subtle colour change.
We said goodbye to darker, wintery hues in our hair when we switched from boots to jandals - lighter shades are in.
4. Nordic Lightening Spray lightens the hair by 1-2 shades and offers natural-looking results. You can use this for root touch-ups or apply to the ends of your hair for a soft, ombre finish.
Finally, mask any sweat and oil build-up on your roots.
5. Extra Care Dry Shampoo should be your go-to if you're strapped for time in between summer BBQs.
Skip washing, blow-drying and re-styling your hair every two days; a few sprays of dry shampoo and your hair will look fresher for longer - leaving you more time to see family and friends.
For extra healthy hair Schwarzkopf also recommends having a trim before swimming season starts, removing all chlorine from your hair after swimming (try pouring some non-carbonated mineral water on your hair), weekly hair treatments and frizz-ease products that restore moisture.
Schwarzkopf products are available for purchase at leading supermarkets and department stores.
- BodyRadio host Sarah Gandy has been diagnosed with breast cancer
Now To LoveToday 12:13pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has jetted off to NYC for her baby shower
Now To LoveToday 11:36am
- FertilityTips for couples who are trying to conceive and not pregnant yet
Now To LoveToday 11:19am
- Pregnancy & BirthGemma McCaw's praise for the midwife who delivered baby Charlotte
Woman's DayToday 7:00am
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveYesterday 2:28pm
- RoyalsPrince William and Prince Harry are reportedly splitting their royal household after 10 years together
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveYesterday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 17, 2019
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesFeb 17, 2019
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2019