Summer is finally here, which means your plans for Christmas, New Year's parties and holidays can finally become reality.
But with these events - not to mention swims at the beach - comes a lot of hair styling, so it's important you're using products that can be used to create a variety of looks but are also good for your tresses.
In summer your hair faces a lot of challenges: humidity, dryness, dullness and frizziness to name a few, but there is a way to enjoy time in the sun while preserving the health of your hair.
Try our fail-safe haircare products below for glorious locks this summer.
A common complaint during the warmer months is hair becoming dry and brittle, which is why a hair oil can greatly benefit your tresses.
1. Schwarzkopf's Extra Care 6 Miracle Oil Essence contains a mix of pequi, marula, argan, and monoi oil - so you know you're only putting the best in your hair. The oils help reduce split ends, control frizz and soften and condition the hair - just be sure to apply from the mid-lengths down.
2. Extra Care Moisture Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner work to soften and add moisture to your hair. The products use shine sealing technology to ensure your hair stays silky-looking and hydrated over summer - perfect for those with curly or frizzy hair.
Now that you've ensured your hair stays silky smooth, you can work on styling:
3. Styliste Ultime Sea Salt Spray helps create textured, natural-looking waves but doesn't leave a sticky residue.
Apply to damp hair then blow-dry and curl with a large barrelled tong for beachy waves.
Waves not your thing? Try a subtle colour change.
We said goodbye to darker, wintery hues in our hair when we switched from boots to jandals - lighter shades are in.
4. Nordic Lightening Spray lightens the hair by 1-2 shades and offers natural-looking results. You can use this for root touch-ups or apply to the ends of your hair for a soft, ombre finish.
Finally, mask any sweat and oil build-up on your roots.
5. Extra Care Dry Shampoo should be your go-to if you're strapped for time in between summer BBQs.
Skip washing, blow-drying and re-styling your hair every two days; a few sprays of dry shampoo and your hair will look fresher for longer - leaving you more time to see family and friends.
For extra healthy hair Schwarzkopf also recommends having a trim before swimming season starts, removing all chlorine from your hair after swimming (try pouring some non-carbonated mineral water on your hair), weekly hair treatments and frizz-ease products that restore moisture.
Schwarzkopf products are available for purchase at leading supermarkets and department stores.
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveToday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveToday 10:05am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayToday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayYesterday 10:55am
- RoyalsPlastic surgery clinic slammed for misusing Kate Middleton's face to promote face lift
Now To LoveYesterday 10:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine wore this special brooch on Remembrance Sunday for a very touching reason
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- CompetitionsWin a set of pearls thanks to Michael Hill Jewellers
Woman's DayYesterday 7:00am
- RelationshipsWestside actress Jessica Grace Smith's romantic beachside proposal
Woman's DayNov 10, 2019
- MindWhy saying 'yes' to stress can actually benefit us
Good Health ChoicesNov 09, 2019
- BodyRenee Wright: Why I'm prioritising my health this summer
NEXTNov 09, 2019
- RoyalsPrince Charles shakes hands with trees after he plants them to 'wish them well'
Now To LoveNov 08, 2019