If you’re wanting to refresh your look, without committing to anything long term then semi-permanent hair colour treatments are the perfect way to the test the waters.
Semi-permanents are a gentler alternative to permanent colouring, as they don’t use any ammonia and instead use pigments to coat the hair’s outer layer - like a colour mask for your hair.
The pigments also usually only last up to 8 washes, so you can try out an adventurous look just for a week or two.
If you feel like a bit more of a commitment, but are still a little apprehensive about making a long-term change - there are semi-permanents that can last up to 28 washes.
The colour lasts longer as the pigments penetrate past the outer layer of hair into the cortex and bonds with your natural hair pigments.
These are ideal if you’re looking to boost your natural hair colour while also adding shine and vibrancy.
Light reflections from the added hair colour pigments provide more depth and volume to your hair, so they’re perfect for people with thin hair.
It’s also great at covering those pesky greys, as it blends them in with your natural hair colour.
Ready to go permanent?
Permanent hair colours work by permeating the outer layer of hair all the way to the cortex breaking down natural hair pigments to add the permanent colour.
Because of this, they provide the best grey coverage and the only way to get out of this is to re-colour or let your natural hair grow out.
LIVE has got you coloured whatever lifestyle you lead.
For those after a more daring change, Live Colour offers Ultra Bright and Pastels for a bold look that last up to 8 washes and uses no ammonia.
If you’re after a more subtle change, Live Salon gloss helps enhance hair colour that last up to 28 washes - while Live Salon Permanent has a range of skin flattering tones that provides maximum colour intensity, radiance and longevity.
- CareerRachel Hunter on being single, her love affair with India and why she never feels alone
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 11:30am
- At homeFour ways to give your Christmas decorations a modern refresh without breaking the bank
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- RoyalsPrince William gave a shout out to Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry at this special event
Now To LoveToday 11:20am
- Pregnancy & BirthHilaria Baldwin begins her journey of healing after miscarrying fifth child
Now To LoveToday 10:34am
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Shortland Street's Ria Vandervis and princess pooch Maeby
Woman's DayToday 9:55am
- SkincareGemma McCaw's 4 natural beauty treatments you can make at home yourself
Now To LoveToday 7:45am
- CompetitionsWin a Fitbit Versa Lite prizepack for Diabetes Action Month
Now To LoveToday 7:00am
- Body4 reasons why a visit to this hidden oasis will have you feeling summer-ready
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsSarah Ferguson zooms around an airport on a motorised suitcase in a hilarious new video
Now To LoveYesterday 12:15pm
- RoyalsIs Duchess Catherine getting her own television show?
Now To LoveYesterday 10:05am
- FamilySex educationist reveals what kids really want to know about sex - and it might surprise you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:53am
- CareerKeeping Up With The Kaimanawas horse whisperer Kelly Wilson on the stallion that changed her life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:36am
- Career'You just have to be yourself': Ingrid Hipkiss on taking over from Samantha Hayes on the 6pm news
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:25am
- WeddingsZac Franich and Erin Simpson's magical wedding day
Woman's DayYesterday 9:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan steps out in $50,000 ruby earrings by Kiwi designer Jessica McCormack
Now To LoveNov 11, 2019
- FamilyAt home with Matilda and Art Green: 'Baby Milo is our dream come true'
Woman's DayNov 11, 2019