Whether you’re here as a makeup first-timer, or you’re just looking to simplify your hoards of beauty clutter – you’ve come to the right place.
It’s pretty easy to get overwhelmed with the ridiculous amount of products we should be or could be putting on our faces every day, so we’re here to break it down to the basics for you.
Without including mascara which you can’t really simplify any further (unless you’ve figured out how, and let us know if you have) – we’ve selected some simple-but-excellent products that are fool-proof, even for a makeup rookie.
Here are the five essentials to sort you out for most situations in life that require a bit of slap.
If this is your first go at foundation, you really don’t want to be faffing about with blending, stipling, brushing, or beauty-blending. Don’t worry, we’ve got you. Try out a cushion foundation, they’re fool proof because the sponge is already included in the product, and you basically just pat it right on. A bonus tip – you can build it up in layers so you won’t risk the dreaded cake-face.
While these three products all have different purposes, they all go on your cheeks – so get the best bang for your buck with an all-in-one kit and your chops are sorted.
Once you go concealer-with-a-wand, you never go back, as they say. By investing in a concealer with an applicator stick, you no longer need to use your finger and risk putting germs back into the pot, or heaven forbid on your beautiful skin.
It’s one fabulous product that does two great things for the price of one. Need we say more? Run out and buy one for sexy rosy-glow, a kissable pucker and all over instant face-pick-me-up.
Don’t worry about nailing those perfectly filled in Instagram-brows straight away, you actually want natural, soft fluffies. Pick a brush-in product that fills in your slugs in two seconds, without making them look too harsh or overdone.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021