Whether you’re here as a makeup first-timer, or you’re just looking to simplify your hoards of beauty clutter – you’ve come to the right place.
It’s pretty easy to get overwhelmed with the ridiculous amount of products we should be or could be putting on our faces every day, so we’re here to break it down to the basics for you.
Without including mascara which you can’t really simplify any further (unless you’ve figured out how, and let us know if you have) – we’ve selected some simple-but-excellent products that are fool-proof, even for a makeup rookie.
Here are the five essentials to sort you out for most situations in life that require a bit of slap.
If this is your first go at foundation, you really don’t want to be faffing about with blending, stipling, brushing, or beauty-blending. Don’t worry, we’ve got you. Try out a cushion foundation, they’re fool proof because the sponge is already included in the product, and you basically just pat it right on. A bonus tip – you can build it up in layers so you won’t risk the dreaded cake-face.
While these three products all have different purposes, they all go on your cheeks – so get the best bang for your buck with an all-in-one kit and your chops are sorted.
Once you go concealer-with-a-wand, you never go back, as they say. By investing in a concealer with an applicator stick, you no longer need to use your finger and risk putting germs back into the pot, or heaven forbid on your beautiful skin.
It’s one fabulous product that does two great things for the price of one. Need we say more? Run out and buy one for sexy rosy-glow, a kissable pucker and all over instant face-pick-me-up.
Don’t worry about nailing those perfectly filled in Instagram-brows straight away, you actually want natural, soft fluffies. Pick a brush-in product that fills in your slugs in two seconds, without making them look too harsh or overdone.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020