I start by waking myself up slowly with a warm flannel, then cleanse with Kiehl’s Calendula Deep foaming face wash, I find it’s the best to get all of my T.V makeup off while still being gentle on my sensitive skin.
I always use Tailor Moisturiser and I’ve recently discovered Dream Cream’s Face Gold which I use every two or three days, it’s super moisturizing, but doesn’t feel thick and heavy.
Makeup wise I’m using Lancome Teint Renergie Lift foundation (04), Loreal’s Glam Bronze for my cheeks and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish powder so I’m not too shiny.
If we’re recording for radio early I’ll also do up my eyes, with Loreal Color Riche LeKajal black eyeliner, MAC eye shadow in eggplant shades (current fav is After Dusk), and Loreal Paris Mega volume, Miss Manga Mascara.
I always use something subtle on my lips, my current fave is Elizabeth Arden’s Plush Up, Lip Gelato in Candy Girl.
My hair is usually still semi-done from Seven Sharp the night before so I give my fringe a quick blow-dry and fix any fly-aways with Loreal Professional TecniArt, Fix Anti-Frizz.
I always carry Loreal black eyeliner and Elizabeth Arden Lip gelato around in my handbag for touch-ups, along with a tail-comb to give it a quick brush and to add volume.
If I was out and about and needed to glam-up my day look for night time, I would re-apply my Loreal eyeliner to my top and bottom lids, add an extra layer of mascara, and opt for a bolder lip colour like Elizabeth Arden’s Sheer Kiss Lip Oil in Rejuvenate Red.
When I'm heading out to a fancy event, the very first thing I do is get a spray tan, it’s a MUST and the best thing to make me feel good.
I’ve been going to Bare Waxing in Belmont for years, they are fabulous. They use Moroccantan which is organic and doesn’t smell like some fake tans do.
If I don’t have time to get a professional spray tan I use the Moroccan lotion which works the same, just more gradual.
In the days leading up to an event I’ll start using my Fudge Clean Blonde Violet Shampoo for every wash, and an Olaplex leave-in treatment so my hair looks lovely and healthy.
I call in the experts from TVNZ when I have an event to MC, or a black tie function to attend to make sure my hair and makeup is spot on.
My favourite makeup look at the moment is having light colours from MAC on the eyelids and dark black Loreal eye liner around the lid line.
I use the same Loreal mascara for big events and will add false lashes too. I like to have more face contouring for big events with Loreal Paris Glam Bronze and heaps more blusher than I do in the day, I’m loving Elizabeth Arden’s Coral Daze Cheek Tint because it’s nice and dewy looking.
I like wearing my hair in a loose beachy style the best, to get that look we use a really slim-line conical curling wand, lots of back combing and hairy spray! I’m also not afraid to add hair pieces for extra volume, I buy them online from Superior Hair.
I have very limited time between finishing Seven Sharp and having to go to bed so my routine has to be quick.
A warm flannel and Kiehl’s Calendula Deep foaming face wash, followed by Elizabeth Arden’s Advanced Ceramide Capsules, Daily Youth Restoring Serum then Essano Rosehip Collagen Repair Night Crème.
If I wash my hair at night, I always at least dry my fringe so it’s not a mess at 4am when I get up!
As I've gotten older my beauty routine has changed in that I’m far more aware of the damage sun does. I never used to wear sunscreen all year round, now I do, I use Oasis.
And I’m just starting to look at preventative measures. I’ve recently started trying out Abeeco’s Collagen and Keratin dietary supplements.
I don’t often get time to pamper myself, but the IonActive Power Treatment facial at BareWaxing is great. I also love Bliss Reflexology’s Foot Reflexology treatment for unwinding.
For beauty maintenance, I get my hair done by TVNZ hairdresser Keryn Parker. If she’s not available, then Amiee, from Amiee Marie Hair Studio.
I usually do my own nails unless it’s for an event, then I go to Kiwi Professionail at Takapuna Mall.
I love the celebs that go for a natural look with tousled hair and dewy skin. Kate Hudson and Margot Robbie would be my faves.
- RoyalsInside a play date with Prince George and Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace
Now To LoveToday 3:40pm
- PetsThe online pet product delivery service that just made your life easier
Now To LoveToday 2:00pm
- RoyalsIs this a clue that Duchess Meghan is relaunching her lifestyle blog The Tig?
Now To LoveToday 11:15am
- CareerFrom Shortland Street to water births: Katherine McRae's new focus
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:09am
- RoyalsNew book details the lives of the photographers who captured the royals behind closed doors
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyNadene Lomu's tearful confession: Pushed to breaking point after Jonah's death
Woman's DayToday 7:45am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight NZ brides share the details on their wedding dresses
Woman's DayYesterday 4:45pm
- TVThe one thing Jodie Rimmer did on Celebrity Treasure Island that her children made her apologise for
Woman's DayYesterday 8:55am
- At homeThe sensitive skin laundry hack that makes your clothes soft and speeds up drying time
Now To LoveYesterday 8:24am
- EntertainmentWoman's Day Bonds X-Temp hottest media hunk has been crowned
Woman's DayYesterday 8:21am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan shares an adorable unseen photo from Archie’s christening for Prince Harry’s birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- TVThe top five moments from Celebrity Treasure Island this week
Now To LoveSep 15, 2019
- CareerHelen Mirren on why being old is 'cool' and marriage is great
The Australian Women's WeeklySep 15, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a $500 Countdown voucher to launch your Disney Word tile collection
Woman's DaySep 15, 2019
- BodyDWTS winner Loryn Reynolds' sister can finally dance again after losing a whopping 70kg
Woman's DaySep 14, 2019