As a beauty writer, much of my day is spent looking at gorgeous photos of models and celebrities to stay up on the trends.
And while I love drawing inspo from aspirational images, nothing is quite as refreshing as scrolling through my Instagram feed and landing on a makeup-free selfie from someone the world deems "perfect."
Luckily, the beauty world is moving away from the notion of "perfect," with heavy makeup, photoshop, and Insta filters becoming a thing of the past and making room for more minimalistic trends.
Because after years of Kardashian contours and free editing apps, the ability to look "perfect" is at everyone's fingertips and frankly, it's become boring. Aspirational beauty is no longer aspirational if everyone can achieve it. Instead, people are craving authenticity and relatability. They want to see real women, real skin, real hair, and real beauty.
So in honour of our very own natural beauty, in the video above, here are 20 makeup-free celebrities who ditched aspirational beauty in favour of celebrating their natural beauty!
This story originally appeared on our sister site, beautyheaven.
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021
- RoyalsUPDATED: Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah airs in NZ next week
Now To LoveMar 01, 2021