As a beauty writer, much of my day is spent looking at gorgeous photos of models and celebrities to stay up on the trends.
And while I love drawing inspo from aspirational images, nothing is quite as refreshing as scrolling through my Instagram feed and landing on a makeup-free selfie from someone the world deems "perfect."
Luckily, the beauty world is moving away from the notion of "perfect," with heavy makeup, photoshop, and Insta filters becoming a thing of the past and making room for more minimalistic trends.
Because after years of Kardashian contours and free editing apps, the ability to look "perfect" is at everyone's fingertips and frankly, it's become boring. Aspirational beauty is no longer aspirational if everyone can achieve it. Instead, people are craving authenticity and relatability. They want to see real women, real skin, real hair, and real beauty.
So in honour of our very own natural beauty, in the video above, here are 20 makeup-free celebrities who ditched aspirational beauty in favour of celebrating their natural beauty!
This story originally appeared on our sister site, beautyheaven.
- TVOur broody Bachelorette: 'David Attenborough is my dream man'
Woman's DayJan 20, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020