While waxing is no one's idea of a good time, there are things you can do to make your next appointment more bearable.
We talk to wax expert Kirstin Price from Lash Noir about the things waxologists wish you knew.
"The main problem we face when doing a Brazilian wax is sometimes not being able to get right in there," she explains.
"You want to get rid of all the hair so you ask the client to do a good stretch, but sometimes they're more reserved than what you'd like so you're faced with more clenching than stretching.
"The main thing that I say is that if you don't pull your butt up I'm going to glue it together. Some people listen to that and some don't."
"Having a shower first would be good idea, a lot of people come from the gym, like straight after a workout..."
"If you haven't had a wax for three years and you come in and it's like you could plait it, it poses a few problems," she says.
"We're not supposed to trim, it's part of health and safety. We're allowed to wax but we actually shouldn't trim. So then the experience isn't so great as we pretty much rip the hair out.
"Or we end up having to do a bikini and say you need to go home and trim otherwise it's like a legit hair cut - with hair everywhere."
It's awkward and intimate. And sometimes silly things happen.
"I've had at least three times where I'll be waxing the back [which requires clients to hold apart their butt cheeks] and a client has a really beautiful engagement ring and I'll be like, 'oh my god, I really love your ring'. I've only had one person laugh but the others didn't so I don't think they got it...
"I have been asked - and I don't mind - if I'll do shapes. Like a Christmas tree or a heart as long as there's enough time for it. Some people are quite particular about their landing strips."
"Sometimes this can leave unsightly marks - we would prefer our clients not to pick out ingrown hairs right before an appointment."
"We do have clients that tell fibs and say they haven't been shaving but they've got patches where they obviously have. You can't really get rid of that hair with wax - it's too short."
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021
- RoyalsAre Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank planning baby number two already?
Woman's DayNov 23, 2021
- RoyalsThe Queen’s special appearance for two of her great-grandsons after weeks of health concerns
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 23, 2021
- Royals"She's alright!": The Queen makes her first in-person appearance since October hospital scare
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 18, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKim Crossman's hidden heartache and why being a mum will have to wait
Woman's DayNov 18, 2021
- Food & DrinksEnjoy the taste of Provence with these refreshing rosé wines
The Australian Women's WeeklyNov 17, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum Rachel reveals how her premature son changed her life
Woman's DayNov 17, 2021
- RoyalsBuckingham Palace confirms the Queen will attend the annual Remembrance Day Service
Now To LoveNov 12, 2021