Summer is finally here, which means your plans for Christmas, New Year's parties and holidays can finally become reality.
But with these events - not to mention swims at the beach - comes a lot of hair styling, so it's important you're using products that can be used to create a variety of looks but are also good for your tresses.
In summer your hair faces a lot of challenges: humidity, dryness, dullness and frizziness to name a few, but there is a way to enjoy time in the sun while preserving the health of your hair.
Try our fail-safe haircare products below for glorious locks this summer.
A common complaint during the warmer months is hair becoming dry and brittle, which is why a hair oil can greatly benefit your tresses.
1. Schwarzkopf's Extra Care 6 Miracle Oil Essence contains a mix of pequi, marula, argan, and monoi oil - so you know you're only putting the best in your hair. The oils help reduce split ends, control frizz and soften and condition the hair - just be sure to apply from the mid-lengths down.
2. Extra Care Moisture Gloss Shampoo and Conditioner work to soften and add moisture to your hair. The products use shine sealing technology to ensure your hair stays silky-looking and hydrated over summer - perfect for those with curly or frizzy hair.
Now that you've ensured your hair stays silky smooth, you can work on styling:
3. Styliste Ultime Sea Salt Spray helps create textured, natural-looking waves but doesn't leave a sticky residue.
Apply to damp hair then blow-dry and curl with a large barrelled tong for beachy waves.
Waves not your thing? Try a subtle colour change.
We said goodbye to darker, wintery hues in our hair when we switched from boots to jandals - lighter shades are in.
4. Nordic Lightening Spray lightens the hair by 1-2 shades and offers natural-looking results. You can use this for root touch-ups or apply to the ends of your hair for a soft, ombre finish.
Finally, mask any sweat and oil build-up on your roots.
5. Extra Care Dry Shampoo should be your go-to if you're strapped for time in between summer BBQs.
Skip washing, blow-drying and re-styling your hair every two days; a few sprays of dry shampoo and your hair will look fresher for longer - leaving you more time to see family and friends.
For extra healthy hair Schwarzkopf also recommends having a trim before swimming season starts, removing all chlorine from your hair after swimming (try pouring some non-carbonated mineral water on your hair), weekly hair treatments and frizz-ease products that restore moisture.
Schwarzkopf products are available for purchase at leading supermarkets and department stores.
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveToday 9:10pm
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020