Say goodbye to straightened hair and high-maintanence colour – this summer it's all about effortless style.
Think early 70s LA, or Farrah Fawcett and Stevie Nicks – with textured hair, lots of movement and lived-in colour making for an easy transition from brunch to beach to bar without the hassle of having to re-do your do.
There's even a relaxed attitude towards the common summer hair ailment – fluffy textures are being worn on the streets of New York with the new blow dry being decidedly unfussy.
"I just woke up hair is incredibly sexy," notes Gene Cooksley, founder and owner of Takapuna salon Oscar & Co. "Hair painting is the absolute go-to for healthy hair with no dramatic regrowth," explains Gene.
"Replacing old fashioned foils, this free-hand technique allows a bespoke look that enhances your natural beauty. Shadow toning at the roots perfects this personalisation by creating movement and depth, giving multi-dimensional colour."Add to this free flowing look is the IT cut – the new shag.
Updated with a longer fringe and softer silhouette, the modern shag is more versatile and wearable.
You can go from soft to extreme with this style but either way this is a statement haircut that's a liberating progression from the long layer look that we've seen for so long.
- RoyalsDid Prince William just accidentally reveal his nickname for Princess Charlotte?
Now To LoveToday 12:30pm
- RoyalsAll the times Prince Louis looked just like his big brother Prince George
Now To LoveToday 10:25am
- FamilyA foster family's heartbreak as the young man they took in as a baby develops more and more serious health problems
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:22am
- CompetitionsWin a 6 months’ supply of ChildLife vitamins and supplements for a healthy winter
Good Health ChoicesToday 8:00am
- Diet & NutritionLow calorie and dairy-free ice creams that'll satisfy all your frozen dessert cravings
Now To LoveYesterday 2:30pm
- RoyalsRoyal wedding 2019: The official photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding have just been released
Now To LoveYesterday 12:30pm
- FamilyAmy Schumer is 'mom-shamed' for returning to work two weeks after having her baby
Now To LoveYesterday 12:05pm
- BodyFrom losing 100kg to gaining a wife: Auckland man Brad Wheeler's incredible weight-loss journey
Woman's DayYesterday 11:45am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks pretty in pink at the latest Buckingham Palace Garden Party
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVOur top three moments from Dancing With The Stars, week six
Now To LoveMay 21, 2019
- FamilyGemma McCaw on navigating the first few months of motherhood
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019
- BodyMeet the inspiring Kiwi mum who battled bowel cancer while pregnant
Woman's DayMay 21, 2019