Say goodbye to straightened hair and high-maintanence colour – this summer it's all about effortless style.
Think early 70s LA, or Farrah Fawcett and Stevie Nicks – with textured hair, lots of movement and lived-in colour making for an easy transition from brunch to beach to bar without the hassle of having to re-do your do.
There's even a relaxed attitude towards the common summer hair ailment – fluffy textures are being worn on the streets of New York with the new blow dry being decidedly unfussy.
"I just woke up hair is incredibly sexy," notes Gene Cooksley, founder and owner of Takapuna salon Oscar & Co. "Hair painting is the absolute go-to for healthy hair with no dramatic regrowth," explains Gene.
"Replacing old fashioned foils, this free-hand technique allows a bespoke look that enhances your natural beauty. Shadow toning at the roots perfects this personalisation by creating movement and depth, giving multi-dimensional colour."Add to this free flowing look is the IT cut – the new shag.
Updated with a longer fringe and softer silhouette, the modern shag is more versatile and wearable.
You can go from soft to extreme with this style but either way this is a statement haircut that's a liberating progression from the long layer look that we've seen for so long.
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyToday 10:00am
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayToday 8:00am
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveJan 24, 2020
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveJan 23, 2020
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 23, 2020
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayJan 23, 2020
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020