Say goodbye to straightened hair and high-maintanence colour – this summer it's all about effortless style.
Think early 70s LA, or Farrah Fawcett and Stevie Nicks – with textured hair, lots of movement and lived-in colour making for an easy transition from brunch to beach to bar without the hassle of having to re-do your do.
There's even a relaxed attitude towards the common summer hair ailment – fluffy textures are being worn on the streets of New York with the new blow dry being decidedly unfussy.
"I just woke up hair is incredibly sexy," notes Gene Cooksley, founder and owner of Takapuna salon Oscar & Co. "Hair painting is the absolute go-to for healthy hair with no dramatic regrowth," explains Gene.
"Replacing old fashioned foils, this free-hand technique allows a bespoke look that enhances your natural beauty. Shadow toning at the roots perfects this personalisation by creating movement and depth, giving multi-dimensional colour."Add to this free flowing look is the IT cut – the new shag.
Updated with a longer fringe and softer silhouette, the modern shag is more versatile and wearable.
You can go from soft to extreme with this style but either way this is a statement haircut that's a liberating progression from the long layer look that we've seen for so long.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021