Instead of going blonde for summer, try lightening your locks with a modern shade of red.
Think amber, cinnamon, copper strawberry and warm honey tones, a la Jessica Chastain, as opposed to burgundy and mahogany, which are better suited to winter.
While red gets a bad rap as the shade that fades fastest, there are measures that can be taken to keep it looking its vibrant best.
Make colour last longer by using a sulphate-free shampoo. Sulphates can strip colour prematurely, so keep that in mind if you're seeing your colour wash down the drain.
Try: Redken Clean Maniac Micellar Clean Touch Shampoo and Conditioner, $35 each
Do your best to shampoo as little as humanly possible (within reason!) and when you do, use a range designed to maintain colour.
Try: John Frieda Radiant Red Colour Protecting Conditioner, $19.90 or Joico Colour Infuse Red Shampoo, $34
Keep hair looking and feeling fresh between washes with dry shampoo. Make sure to hold the can 15-20cm away from the hair when spraying, then massage the products in before finally brushing it through.
Try: Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo , $11.99
About three weeks after colouring, revive red by using an at-home colour enhancer. These handy products add a subtle deposit of colour to keep up intensity between salon visits.
Try: Kerastase Reflection Touch Chromatique, $35
Use a nourishing treatment once a week to keep colour bright and firey.
Try: Fanola Oro Intense Copper Colour Mask, $26
- At homeHow clean, green living can start with small day-to-day changes in the kitchen
Now To LoveToday 10:45am
- TVLaura Daniel and her DWTS partner Shae Mountain get matching tattoos
Now To LoveToday 10:41am
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveYesterday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayYesterday 8:05am
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveJun 25, 2019