If you’re wanting to refresh your look, without committing to anything long term then semi-permanent hair colour treatments are the perfect way to the test the waters.
Semi-permanents are a gentler alternative to permanent colouring, as they don’t use any ammonia and instead use pigments to coat the hair’s outer layer - like a colour mask for your hair.
The pigments also usually only last up to 8 washes, so you can try out an adventurous look just for a week or two.
If you feel like a bit more of a commitment, but are still a little apprehensive about making a long-term change - there are semi-permanents that can last up to 28 washes.
The colour lasts longer as the pigments penetrate past the outer layer of hair into the cortex and bonds with your natural hair pigments.
These are ideal if you’re looking to boost your natural hair colour while also adding shine and vibrancy.
Light reflections from the added hair colour pigments provide more depth and volume to your hair, so they’re perfect for people with thin hair.
It’s also great at covering those pesky greys, as it blends them in with your natural hair colour.
Ready to go permanent?
Permanent hair colours work by permeating the outer layer of hair all the way to the cortex breaking down natural hair pigments to add the permanent colour.
Because of this, they provide the best grey coverage and the only way to get out of this is to re-colour or let your natural hair grow out.
LIVE has got you coloured whatever lifestyle you lead.
For those after a more daring change, Live Colour offers Ultra Bright and Pastels for a bold look that last up to 8 washes and uses no ammonia.
If you’re after a more subtle change, Live Salon gloss helps enhance hair colour that last up to 28 washes - while Live Salon Permanent has a range of skin flattering tones that provides maximum colour intensity, radiance and longevity.
- TVLesina drops a bombshell: There are two Bachelorettes!
Now To LoveToday 8:30pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Why Elliott Gilchrist might just be 'the one who got away'
Now To LoveToday 3:37pm
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to a special screening of The Professor and The Madman!
Now To LoveToday 1:00pm
- FamilyMeet The Block NZ Ethan's little miracle son Marley
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine shares two powerful images to commemorate Holocaust Memorial Day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- FamilyMum warns parents about the dangers of self-locking cars after her baby becomes trapped on hot day
Now To LoveYesterday 11:00am
- Relationships'It's a Bradaissance': Brad Pitt is back and the world couldn't be more excited
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:19am
- CareerThe Great Kiwi Bake-Off winner Trevor Hall's exciting new business venture
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe 10 most memorable entrances on The Bachelorette
Now To LoveJan 27, 2020
- FitnessRunning just once a week lowers your risk of early death - here's how to get started
Good Health ChoicesJan 27, 2020
- CareerMeet Christine Fernyhough - the intrepid Auckland housewife who took on a high country farm and won
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 26, 2020
- RelationshipsJay-Jay Feeney dishes on her sizzling summer with her 'toyboy' Minou
Woman's DayJan 26, 2020