There’s nothing more frustrating than getting a beautiful blowout and it only lasting one day, due to a greasy scalp making it look flat and lifeless.
Thankfully, the hair gods created dry shampoo so our locks can look fresh and full for days on end.
“With ultra-fine oil-absorbing rice starch, our Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo is amazing for eliminating excess oil and build-up, prolonging your blow wave,” says Moroccanoil educator Mia Doak. “All of this is performed via one product and not a drop of water.”
Not only does dry shampoo save us time and energy in the morning, it can revive volume and texture as well as preventing damage from over-washing and styling our locks.
For those who are new to using dry shampoo, or if you just want to learn more about this dirty hair phenomenon, we’ve rounded up some tips and tricks for using it.
1 Keep a distance When using an aerosol dry shampoo, “shake the can well and apply it approximately 15-20cm away from the dry root area,” says Doak. If sprayed too close, it can lead to too much product build-up in the hair.
2 Add as you go With dry shampoo you can add as much as you feel you need. “Massage the product in well with your fingers and follow by brushing the hair out thoroughly to disperse,” says Doak.
3 Create texture Not just for your roots, dry shampoo can be used all over your hair. “It can be creatively applied to the mid-lengths and ends to help create a whimsical texture,” explains Doak.
4 Tailor to your colour Our hair colour is personally tailored and our dry shampoo should be too. Brands such as Batiste make it easier to customise your shade by providing two choices to colour-match to dark or light hair. Their dry shampoo for brunettes won’t leave white flakes or a chalky residue, while their formula for blondes gives a hint of colour to complement light shades and helps blend in root re-growth.
5 Remove right So you don’t get product build-up, try washing your hair with a clarifying shampoo once a week, or as needed.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021