You wear your hair every day, so it's important it looks its best. But it can sometimes be hard to find inspiration, let alone the courage to take on a bold new look.
Vivo hair editor Tereze Taber has scanned the red carpet and brings us her hot hair trends for this year and beyond.
Warning: may cause you to book in for a complete hair overhaul.
Let your true colours shine through with this year's popular rainbow hair trend. Whether it's a vibrant violet, a pretty pastel or a combination of your favourite hues, express yourself with this technicolour palette and make your own striking connection.
Since the 1920s, the bob has remained a favourite for its ability to transcend age groups and hair types. This year, the style took a 'short cut' to the top of our favourite looks list, with blunt, chin-length chops worn edgy and straight, or with a glam wave for an elegant finish.
Hair accessories were everywhere this year – from pearl clips and statement diamante lettering to oversized headbands and scrunchies. Add one or add them all – embellishments for your locks were the go-to for that extra-special finish.
The wet-hair look gave us ultimate girl-power glam with an avant-garde twist on classic Hollywood, while brushed-out waves softened the edges for a romantic vintage vibe. Updos made an impact with sleek ponytails and retro looks with a twist.
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Lexie and Hamish are moving in together!
Woman's DayMar 11, 2021
- TVHit single Moses: 'I didn't think I deserved love!'
Woman's DayMar 09, 2021
- TVHere are the queens competing in RuPaul's Drag Race Down Under
Now To LoveMar 07, 2021