You wear your hair every day, so it's important it looks its best. But it can sometimes be hard to find inspiration, let alone the courage to take on a bold new look.
Vivo hair editor Tereze Taber has scanned the red carpet and brings us her hot hair trends for this year and beyond.
Warning: may cause you to book in for a complete hair overhaul.
Let your true colours shine through with this year's popular rainbow hair trend. Whether it's a vibrant violet, a pretty pastel or a combination of your favourite hues, express yourself with this technicolour palette and make your own striking connection.
Since the 1920s, the bob has remained a favourite for its ability to transcend age groups and hair types. This year, the style took a 'short cut' to the top of our favourite looks list, with blunt, chin-length chops worn edgy and straight, or with a glam wave for an elegant finish.
Hair accessories were everywhere this year – from pearl clips and statement diamante lettering to oversized headbands and scrunchies. Add one or add them all – embellishments for your locks were the go-to for that extra-special finish.
The wet-hair look gave us ultimate girl-power glam with an avant-garde twist on classic Hollywood, while brushed-out waves softened the edges for a romantic vintage vibe. Updos made an impact with sleek ponytails and retro looks with a twist.
- Celebrity NewsJay-Jay Feeney and Paul Flynn: our perfect friendship
Woman's DayJan 08, 2021
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to our exclusive screening of Penguin Bloom
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 27, 2020
- Celebrity NewsRobert Rakete's Christmas plans: 'It'll be a breeze!'
Woman's DayDec 25, 2020
- Celebrity NewsJase, Toni & Sam get festive with their four-legged friends
Woman's DayDec 21, 2020
- FamilyThe Terrace at Sylvia Park - what's on offer at this new dining destination
Now To LoveDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsShortland Street's Ben Barrington and Ngahuia Piripi's Christmas celebrations
Woman's DayDec 16, 2020
- Celebrity NewsWendy Petrie and Matty McLean's festive cheer: 'Our hearts are so full'
Woman's DayDec 15, 2020
- Celebrity NewsKanoa Lloyd and Mike McRoberts' best Christmas ever
Woman's DayDec 14, 2020
- Celebrity NewsSoon I’ll be a dad to three under three! Sam Wallace shares his hopes and fears
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyDec 11, 2020
- Celebrity NewsCarolyn Keep's little miracle: 'The baby I never thought I'd have'
Woman's DayDec 10, 2020
- RoyalsMeghan Markle reveals she miscarried her second child in a powerful personal essay
Now To LoveNov 26, 2020
- CompetitionsWin a Farro Hamper and a double pass to Happiest Season
Now To LoveNov 25, 2020
- CompetitionsWin the Ultimate Teeth Whitening Prize Pack thanks to Colgate Optic White
Woman's DayNov 23, 2020