Just like finding the perfect dress, deciding on the right hairstyle for your wedding day is a big - and time-consuming - part of planning a wedding.
While the perfect hairdo can make you feel beautiful on the day, using your (very precious and limited) planning time trawling through magazines for inspiration is a pain.
So why not take inspiration from celebrity 'dos?
She may not be royalty just yet but former Suits actress, Meghan Markle, never misses a beauty beat. Her classy up-do will match most - if not all - wedding dresses, and is perfect for an elegant, classic bride.
CREATE THE LOOK:
1) Start by applying Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Strong Styling Mousse to damp hair and blow dry using a large round brush.
2) Divide your hair into sections and either straighten or curl your hair depending on whether you would prefer a more chic look or textured head of curls.
3) Part your hair how you like (an off-centre, side part works well) and apply Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Push Up Volume Styling Powder to your roots to create volume.
4) Then sweep your hair up into a high pony tail and secure at the top of your head.
4) Next you have two choices: either place a hair donut on top of the pony tail and use this as a base to tuck hair into, or twist and curl sections of hair and secure with pins.
5) Option: if you feel your hair pulled completely off your face is too harsh or you wish for something a bit softer/more romantic, try letting some hair fall around your face or tuck some behind your ear (à la Meghan).
6) Because you'll be dancing all night be sure to apply a heavy duty hairspray that will keep your hair in place: try Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Strong Styling Hairspray for extra hold.
If your dress has a lower neckline (think: sweetheart, off-shoulder or scoop) wearing your hair down is a flattering option. Reese's off-centre, romantic curls are another classic hairstyle favoured by brides.
CREATE THE LOOK:
1) Start by applying Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Texture Styling Spray to damp hair and blow dry using your hand - this will help create volume and texture.
2) Once your hair is dry, apply Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Heat Spray to protect your locks against damage.
3) Then, using a large baffled iron, curl the hair but leave the ends straight.
4) Next use a little Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Push Up Volume Styling Powder on the root area to create more volume (you can also apply to ends for a more textured finish).
5) Spray a bit of Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Texture Styling Hair Spray for added control.
Margot Robbie's no-fuss up-do is perfect for low-maintenance brides who don't want to be fixing their hair by the reception.
CREATE THE LOOK:
1) Begin by applying Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Express Dry Blow Dry Spray on to damp hair and blowdry using your hand - you really want the hair to go into its natural part for this look.
2) At this stage (when hair is dry), you may choose to create more texture and movement in your hair by using a curling iron.
3) Once done - or if you're happy with your hair's natural texture - gather all your hair and quickly create an unstructured, messy french roll. Pin with large U-pins and keep going until you create the look you're happy with. The trick here is to keep adding and subtracting hair to suit your preferences.
4) Finish with a gentle hold hairspray like Schwarzkopf's Extra Care Texture Styling Hair Spray.
Be it a chic up-do or flowing waves, choose a hairstyle that makes you feel confident, happy and beautiful. You will treasure your wedding day for years to come, so no matter your hairstyle, have a wonderful and dreamy day.
The Schwarzkopf hair care range is available in leading department stores, supermarkets and pharmacies nationwide.
*Meghan Markle, Reese Witherspoon and Margot Robbie are not affiliated with Schwarzkopf for the purpose of this article.
- Food & DrinksRoast racks of venison with blueberry balsamic sauce
Now To LoveDec 03, 2021
- RoyalsPlaydates with Charlotte and a royal christening prove the Queen is on the mend
Now To LoveNov 29, 2021
- TVHow winning The Block has changed Tim and Arty's lives forever
Woman's DayNov 25, 2021
- At homeBring summer into your home with this colour pallette
Now To LoveNov 25, 2021