5 quick tips:
- Exfoliate your face and body twice a week to help skin soak up maximum moisture.
- Avoid taking long, hot baths and showers.
- Rub in body creams when you step out of the shower, immediately after towel drying. Even the humidity in the bathroom will help attract moisture into the skin.
- If your skin feels tight and dry 30 minutes or so after moisturising, you need to switch to something richer and more hydrating.
- If your skin feels itchy, avoid using soap and stick to a gentle body wash instead.
Go for glycerin
- The Aveeno Active Naturals Skin relief range is non-greasy. There’s a Body Wash $17.99 and Moisturiser $17.99 but for severe dryness go for the Moisturising Cream $25.99.
- Derma Sukin is the natural option for dry skin. A Daily Hydrating Wash $26.99 and Intensive Hydrating Cream $26.99 harness the power of botanicals and glycerin.
- Glycerin combined with Ethiopian Fair Trade Honey is The Body Shop’s recipe for itchy skin. Try Honeymania Bubble Bath Melt $32 and the Body Butter $36.