Another day another study about the human condition, today we're tackling eyebrows, and more specifically what yours say about you.
A new study called Eyebrows Cue Grandiose Narcissism by American researchers Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas O. Rule has found that the shape and size of your eyebrows say a lot about your personality.
According to their findings, people who purposely groom and maintain thick eyebrows are more likely to be narcissists and are also often more assertive.
How did they find this out? Well, participants in the study had their pictures taken, then they completed the Narcissistic Personality Inventory – a five to 10 minute test that consists of forty pairs of statements to choose from.
The images, which had been cropped to show just the eyebrows, were then judged by an independent panel who decided how well-groomed or distinctive they were.
But why are people with large eyebrows apparently so narcissistic? The study suggests it's something to do with wanting to be instantly recognisable, and the desire to look different to everyone else.
So this could just mean they want to be individuals, not that they're self-obsessed.
The study concludes; 'Together, these data show that distinctive eyebrows reveal narcissists' personality to others, providing a basic understanding of the mechanism through which people can identify narcissistic personality traits with potential application to daily life.'
So we're supposed to use this study to assume people with thick eyebrows are narcissists in our day-to-day life? Yikes.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- RoyalsThe Queen has stripped Prince Andrew of his military titles and royal patronages
Now To LoveJan 14, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAt home with Dame Kiri: 'You'll never want to leave!'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Real LifeOne-armed Kiwi dancer Brylee Mills reveals why her disability won't stop her
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine’s portrait photographer, Paolo Roversi, reveals Prince William and the kids’ favourite photo, plus special behind the scenes details
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsChris and Mel Cairns: 'We're in this battle together'
Woman's DayJan 13, 2022
- Celebrity NewsIn memoriam: Paying tribute to the stars we have sadly lost in 2022
Now To LoveJan 11, 2022
- RoyalsThree new portraits of Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge have been released to mark her milestone 40th birthday
The Australian Women's WeeklyJan 09, 2022
- Celebrity NewsAll Blacks captain Sam Cane and wife Harriet's baby joy
Woman's DayJan 07, 2022