Another day another study about the human condition, today we're tackling eyebrows, and more specifically what yours say about you.
A new study called Eyebrows Cue Grandiose Narcissism by American researchers Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas O. Rule has found that the shape and size of your eyebrows say a lot about your personality.
According to their findings, people who purposely groom and maintain thick eyebrows are more likely to be narcissists and are also often more assertive.
How did they find this out? Well, participants in the study had their pictures taken, then they completed the Narcissistic Personality Inventory – a five to 10 minute test that consists of forty pairs of statements to choose from.
The images, which had been cropped to show just the eyebrows, were then judged by an independent panel who decided how well-groomed or distinctive they were.
But why are people with large eyebrows apparently so narcissistic? The study suggests it's something to do with wanting to be instantly recognisable, and the desire to look different to everyone else.
So this could just mean they want to be individuals, not that they're self-obsessed.
The study concludes; 'Together, these data show that distinctive eyebrows reveal narcissists' personality to others, providing a basic understanding of the mechanism through which people can identify narcissistic personality traits with potential application to daily life.'
So we're supposed to use this study to assume people with thick eyebrows are narcissists in our day-to-day life? Yikes.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- Real LifeKiwi Mum's adventure: From America's Cup to Africa's Hero!
Now To LoveToday 8:00am
- Food & DrinksIf you love Scandi-style interiors then this latest kitchen trend is for you
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Apprentice NZ's Kennedy Anderson: 'I was fired from my own company!'
Woman's DayJun 17, 2021
- Celebrity NewsMark Richardson on turning 50 and making his mark on the world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 13, 2021
- TVDrag Race Down Under’s Elektra Shock: From homeless to healed
Woman's DayJun 12, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSuzanne Paul's forever glow and the lessons she's learned
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJun 05, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi mum's transformation: Jules from MAFS changed my life!'
Woman's DayJun 04, 2021
- At homeHow to create a kids room that will last through the ages
Now To LoveJun 03, 2021