Another day another study about the human condition, today we're tackling eyebrows, and more specifically what yours say about you.
A new study called Eyebrows Cue Grandiose Narcissism by American researchers Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas O. Rule has found that the shape and size of your eyebrows say a lot about your personality.
According to their findings, people who purposely groom and maintain thick eyebrows are more likely to be narcissists and are also often more assertive.
How did they find this out? Well, participants in the study had their pictures taken, then they completed the Narcissistic Personality Inventory – a five to 10 minute test that consists of forty pairs of statements to choose from.
The images, which had been cropped to show just the eyebrows, were then judged by an independent panel who decided how well-groomed or distinctive they were.
But why are people with large eyebrows apparently so narcissistic? The study suggests it's something to do with wanting to be instantly recognisable, and the desire to look different to everyone else.
So this could just mean they want to be individuals, not that they're self-obsessed.
The study concludes; 'Together, these data show that distinctive eyebrows reveal narcissists' personality to others, providing a basic understanding of the mechanism through which people can identify narcissistic personality traits with potential application to daily life.'
So we're supposed to use this study to assume people with thick eyebrows are narcissists in our day-to-day life? Yikes.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- RoyalsUPDATED: Harry and Meghan's bombshell interview with Oprah airs in NZ next week
Now To LoveMar 01, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank have revealed the name of their son
Now To LoveFeb 21, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Harry and Duchess Meghan are having another baby!
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2021
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie & husband Jack Brooksbank have welcomed their first child
Now To LoveFeb 10, 2021
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ's Paul Patterson: 'I'm cooking up romance'
Woman's DayFeb 03, 2021
- MindBeating the bottle: My party girl life was killing me
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJan 25, 2021