Another day another study about the human condition, today we're tackling eyebrows, and more specifically what yours say about you.
A new study called Eyebrows Cue Grandiose Narcissism by American researchers Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas O. Rule has found that the shape and size of your eyebrows say a lot about your personality.
According to their findings, people who purposely groom and maintain thick eyebrows are more likely to be narcissists and are also often more assertive.
How did they find this out? Well, participants in the study had their pictures taken, then they completed the Narcissistic Personality Inventory – a five to 10 minute test that consists of forty pairs of statements to choose from.
The images, which had been cropped to show just the eyebrows, were then judged by an independent panel who decided how well-groomed or distinctive they were.
But why are people with large eyebrows apparently so narcissistic? The study suggests it's something to do with wanting to be instantly recognisable, and the desire to look different to everyone else.
So this could just mean they want to be individuals, not that they're self-obsessed.
The study concludes; 'Together, these data show that distinctive eyebrows reveal narcissists' personality to others, providing a basic understanding of the mechanism through which people can identify narcissistic personality traits with potential application to daily life.'
So we're supposed to use this study to assume people with thick eyebrows are narcissists in our day-to-day life? Yikes.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- RoyalsPrincess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi welcome their first child, a baby girl
Now To LoveYesterday 10:00am
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island's Tegan Yorwarth's message to internet trolls
Woman's DaySep 20, 2021
- TVBlack Ferns star Huriana Manuel's Olympic heartbreak
Woman's DaySep 15, 2021
- TVProud Dad Art Green: 'My little girl is just so special'
Woman's DaySep 13, 2021
- Celebrity NewsAngela Bloomfield's tears and fears: 'I haven't given up on love!'
Woman's DaySep 07, 2021
- Celebrity NewsJoe Naufahu's heartbreak: 'I'm doing this for Mum'
Woman's DaySep 06, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi parents nightmare: 'Our son should still be here'
Woman's DaySep 03, 2021
- Real LifeKiwi Paralympic kayaker Corbin Hart's unstoppable romance
Woman's DayAug 28, 2021
- TVCelebrity Treasure Island hosts Bree Tomasel and Matt Chisholm's special bond
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021
- Real LifeTVNZ reporter Michelle Prendiville opens up about her alopecia
Woman's DayAug 27, 2021