Another day another study about the human condition, today we're tackling eyebrows, and more specifically what yours say about you.
A new study called Eyebrows Cue Grandiose Narcissism by American researchers Miranda Giacomin and Nicholas O. Rule has found that the shape and size of your eyebrows say a lot about your personality.
According to their findings, people who purposely groom and maintain thick eyebrows are more likely to be narcissists and are also often more assertive.
How did they find this out? Well, participants in the study had their pictures taken, then they completed the Narcissistic Personality Inventory – a five to 10 minute test that consists of forty pairs of statements to choose from.
The images, which had been cropped to show just the eyebrows, were then judged by an independent panel who decided how well-groomed or distinctive they were.
But why are people with large eyebrows apparently so narcissistic? The study suggests it's something to do with wanting to be instantly recognisable, and the desire to look different to everyone else.
So this could just mean they want to be individuals, not that they're self-obsessed.
The study concludes; 'Together, these data show that distinctive eyebrows reveal narcissists' personality to others, providing a basic understanding of the mechanism through which people can identify narcissistic personality traits with potential application to daily life.'
So we're supposed to use this study to assume people with thick eyebrows are narcissists in our day-to-day life? Yikes.
Via our sister site Grazia.
- Married at First SightMAFS' Vicky Fuller and Stefaan Nes have broken up - again
Now To LoveToday 2:18pm
- Parenting NewsGlobal study shows Kiwi teenagers are among the most inactive in the world
Now To LoveToday 1:22pm
- RoyalsThe sweet and subtle way Duchess Meghan honoured Prince Harry and baby Archie
Now To LoveToday 12:05pm
- TVMatty McLean had a huge night after winning Television Personality of the Year
Now To LoveToday 11:50am
- FitnessThe full-body workout you can do with just a park bench
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:20am
- Pregnancy & Birth'Our Halloween treat': Jessica Mutch-McKay presents her adorable baby girl to the world
Now To LoveYesterday 4:13pm
- RelationshipsMatilda Green serves cheeky burn to husband Art on social media
Now To LoveYesterday 2:40pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles says New Zealand ‘offers an example to the world’ in a heartfelt speech at Waitangi
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerFive things Stephen Colbert has taught us about our own Prime Minister
Now To LoveYesterday 9:45am
- RoyalsPrince Andrew has stepped back from public royal duties for the foreseeable future
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am
- CareerWhat Charlie's Angels original Jaclyn Smith is up to now
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- WeddingsFormer Black Cap Simon Doull marries after a whirlwind courtship that began at a hospital bedside
Woman's DayYesterday 8:25am
- CareerA virus left me paralysed but it didn't stop me from having a career in netball
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- CompetitionsWin the new NutriBullet 1000W Blender Combo worth $299.99!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- BodyBalcony fall survivor AJ Pouoa: 'How a night at a friend's house left me paralysed'
Woman's DayNov 20, 2019
- PetsCelebrities and their pets: Dominic Harvey and Sydney silkie Kanye
Woman's DayNov 19, 2019