Don't get me wrong, I adore pricey beauty products as much as the next girl. $200 face serum? Yes please. $100 eyeshadow palette? Take my money! However, I'm most certainly not opposed to hitting the supermarket shelves for a selection of my daily essentials.
No two ways about it, I wear a lot of make-up. Every day. Always have. I'm very passionate about getting it all off properly in the pm and find that these wipes really do the trick. The important thing to note is that it's always followed up with a grunty facewash – generally AHA/ BHA-based – to make sure my mug is deeply and thoroughly cleansed.
Try: Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes Night Calming, $13.49
Dry shampoo came into my life at a time when I was washing, blow-drying and styling my long hair every single day. This fragrant, absorbent gift from the gods allowed me to take this process down from seven days to just two – a huge win. I can't go past Batiste, particularly the Heavenly Volume variant, which provides lift and oomph while still being brushable.
Try: Batiste Heavenly Volume $11.99
Although I adore lusciously scented body wash, I found out the hard way that many of them stripped the colour of my fake tan. Something had to go, and it wasn't the Bondi. Instead I now lather up with a trusty bar of Dove soap, which is super cheap and smells great.
Try: Dove Beauty Soap Bar, $3.30 2pk
As any avid faux-tanner will know, it's essential to keep limbs well-hydrated to keep the glow looking its tropical best. There's a fine line between being lightly yet efficiently moisturised, and overly-lubed up and slippery all day, and this Aveeno one is definitely the former. The fragrance-free formulation and pump are super handy bonuses.
Try: Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion, $15
In my role, I'm lucky enough to try most of the fabulous new mascaras as they launch to the beauty counter – with their wand wizardry and super-duper lengthening-curling combos. But this beggar couldn't choose during two year-long spells of maternity leave, so I became hooked on Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Mascara – ticks every single box for those of us who like to up the lash-ante.
Try: Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Volum' Express Mascara, $24.99
Amy has been the beauty editor of Woman's Day for a decade. She's proudly celeb-obsessed, always on the hunt for the perfect bronze eyeshadow and lives for a good highlight.
- RoyalsPrince Charles is out of self-isolation after recovering from Covid-19
Now To LoveToday 10:50am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry share their final Instagram post as working royals
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- RelationshipsJennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox celebrate 25 years of friendship
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyThe Breeze's Robert Scott: We've downsized and sold our family home to become apartment dwellers
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Richie Boyens wins Lily McManus' heart
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Lesina explains her shock decision to leave the show alone
Now To LoveYesterday 7:52pm
- Pregnancy & BirthRonan and Storm Keating have welcomed a baby daughter
Now To LoveYesterday 2:50pm
- TVBored already? Here are five ways the men passed the time in the Bachelorette mansion
Now To LoveYesterday 1:25pm
- RoyalsThe Sussexes have responded to President Trump’s refusal to foot the bill for their security
Now To LoveYesterday 1:15pm
- BodyDoctors and vets answer your questions on Covid-19, living in a bubble and sanitisation
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have hired the head of their new non-profit organisation
Now To LoveYesterday 11:20am
- FitnessSam Hayes' adorable exercise buddy will melt your heart
Now To LoveYesterday 9:26am
- CompetitionsWin an Essence of Humanity skincare pack thanks to Countdown!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Lesina dumps Logan... so does that mean Aaron gets the final rose?
Now To LoveMar 29, 2020
- FamilyParenting through Covid-19: 50 things to do with your kids during lockdown
Now To LoveMar 29, 2020