Don't get me wrong, I adore pricey beauty products as much as the next girl. $200 face serum? Yes please. $100 eyeshadow palette? Take my money! However, I'm most certainly not opposed to hitting the supermarket shelves for a selection of my daily essentials.
No two ways about it, I wear a lot of make-up. Every day. Always have. I'm very passionate about getting it all off properly in the pm and find that these wipes really do the trick. The important thing to note is that it's always followed up with a grunty facewash – generally AHA/ BHA-based – to make sure my mug is deeply and thoroughly cleansed.
Try: Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes Night Calming, $13.49
Dry shampoo came into my life at a time when I was washing, blow-drying and styling my long hair every single day. This fragrant, absorbent gift from the gods allowed me to take this process down from seven days to just two – a huge win. I can't go past Batiste, particularly the Heavenly Volume variant, which provides lift and oomph while still being brushable.
Try: Batiste Heavenly Volume $11.99
Although I adore lusciously scented body wash, I found out the hard way that many of them stripped the colour of my fake tan. Something had to go, and it wasn't the Bondi. Instead I now lather up with a trusty bar of Dove soap, which is super cheap and smells great.
Try: Dove Beauty Soap Bar, $3.30 2pk
As any avid faux-tanner will know, it's essential to keep limbs well-hydrated to keep the glow looking its tropical best. There's a fine line between being lightly yet efficiently moisturised, and overly-lubed up and slippery all day, and this Aveeno one is definitely the former. The fragrance-free formulation and pump are super handy bonuses.
Try: Aveeno Daily Moisturising Lotion, $15
In my role, I'm lucky enough to try most of the fabulous new mascaras as they launch to the beauty counter – with their wand wizardry and super-duper lengthening-curling combos. But this beggar couldn't choose during two year-long spells of maternity leave, so I became hooked on Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Mascara – ticks every single box for those of us who like to up the lash-ante.
Try: Maybelline The Colossal Big Shot Volum' Express Mascara, $24.99
Amy has been the beauty editor of Woman's Day for a decade. She's proudly celeb-obsessed, always on the hunt for the perfect bronze eyeshadow and lives for a good highlight.
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveToday 10:40am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveYesterday 12:20pm
- FamilySonny Bill Williams pays tribute to wife Alana for holding their family together as he leaves for England
Now To LoveYesterday 11:57am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveFeb 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020