The Australian beauty hails rosehip oil as the secret behind her glowing complexion.
It might not be a breakthrough beauty elixir, but rosehip oil hit the headlines this week when Miranda Kerr extolled the virtues of the nutrient-rich oil.
The stunning Australian model, a natural beauty devotee, revealed that she relies on the oil to give her skin a natural glow.
“Now being a mother I don’t have as much time to spend on my skin and I like to wear rosehip oil at night,” she said.
“It’s full of that many antioxidants and it really works on a cellular level too to rejuvenate the skin.
“I put that on at night and I wake up glowing,” she added.
So, what’s the science behind the much-discussed wonder oil?
For those not in the know, the much-coveted product is extracted from seeds of a rosebush, which grows wild in the southern Andes in Chile.
As well as being an ultra-effective moisturiser, it’s also proved to help minimise the appearance of wrinkles and smooth skin leaving it glowing and radiant.
It’s also an excellent source of essential fatty acids, which promote the production of the prostaglandins involved in tissue healing and re-growth.
The fatty acids help to promote cellular development and collagen synthesis, which is vital for keeping skin brilliantly smooth and supple.
“I use it under my moisturiser for an evening and as a makeup remover around my eyes. I also use it more frequently if my skin is particularly dry at any time,” added Miranda
- MoneyOnline shopping fails - Kiwi consumers' hilarious tales
Now To LoveToday 4:00pm
- Celebrity NewsHarper Beckham and Anna Wintour's priceless twinning moment
Now To LoveToday 2:28pm
- RoyalsHappy Birthday Prince Andrew: 7 things you may not know about the Duke of York
Now To LoveToday 9:30am
- Destinations CitiesThe all-women Bali retreat that saved my soul after my fiancé left me
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 1:00pm
- BodyWhy Olivia Newton-John isn't letting battling cancer for the third time get her down
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 11:00am
- WeddingsArt Green and Matilda Rice marry in a stunning Waiheke wedding - and announce they're expecting a baby!
Now To LoveYesterday 10:10am
- Married at First SightMAFS baby on board? Reports suggest this bride is already pregnant
Now To LoveYesterday 8:00am
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveFeb 15, 2019
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 15, 2019