Need to know
- The upper lid has typically about 90 to 150 lashes on it and the bottom between 70 or 80.
- Most lashes grow about 10mm long.
- Lashes are in active growth for six to eight weeks. Each lash will grow to a specific length then stop. There's a final resting phase before the lash falls out and a new one begins to grow.
- Lashes have a function – they're there to keep dirt and dust out of your eyes.
- Lashes are made up of keratin, just like the hair on your head.
Five To Try
- Always make sure your lashes are free of mascara and your skin is clean and dry before applying an eyelash serum.
- Start at the inner corner of the eye and glide the applicator across the skin at the base of the lashline on the upper and lower eyelids.
- Ideally use at night and wait at least two to three minutes before applying any other product.
- Once lashes have reached maximum length you can reduce your serum use to three times a week.
- If you get serum in your eyes rinse out with water immediately.