Feeding skin from within is integral to the way it looks on the outside, and this holistic approach has spawned a whole new wellness trend – nutricosmetics.
Herbs, collagen, probiotics, prebiotics and skin-loving substances such as maqui berry are just some of the key ingredients used in popular beauty powders such as Misty Day Plant Potions Pretty Brew and Nutra Organics Collagen Beauty. These can be mixed with water or added to smoothies to make your skin, hair and nails healthy, glowing and strong from the inside out.
Beauty-from-within products have been around for some time, their anti-ageing properties often aimed at an older demographic. However, herbalist, naturopath and founder of Misty Day Plant Potions Rachel Dawson believes younger people are now embracing ingestibles thanks to the promise of glowing hair and skin.
Misty Day Plant Potions Pretty Brew – with its millennial-friendly packaging and Instagrammable amethyst hue – hits the brief for that younger audience in both appearance and efficacy.
"Goji is very high in lycopene, which gives the skin a healthy glow and promotes collagen synthesis," explains Rachel. "Maqui and butterfly pea contain high levels of anthocyanins, which slow ageing and reduce pigmentation and redness.
"Pitaya contains vitamin C, which enhances collagen synthesis and skin healing, while rice-bran solubles deliver vitamin E to support healthy skin-ageing and give the skin a dewy, moisture-rich luminosity."
Who wouldn't want that?
- RoyalsPrince William was just asked how he'd feel if one of his children came out as gay
Now To LoveToday 10:00am
- CareerMeet the trailblazing female shepherd who won a prestigious award previously only won by men
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:18am
- RoyalsYet another example of the harsh double standard Duchess Meghan faces
Now To LoveToday 8:15am
- RoyalsSarah, Duchess of York, is recognised with an award for her charity work
Now To LoveToday 12:10pm
- RoyalsHow much do the royal family spend on travel a year?
Now To LoveToday 11:00am
- RoyalsThe Queen just passed on this very special patronage to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- TVThe Block NZ Firehouse contestants Sophia and Mikaere: 'We'll come out stronger than ever'
Woman's DayToday 8:05am
- TVWhy 2019's Dancing with the Stars cast was so close - and who's missing who now that it's over
Now To LoveYesterday 3:42pm
- BodyA cup of coffee a day could be the secret to burning fat
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine and Prince William are reportedly planning a royal tour of Asia this year
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- CareerThe Chicks Suzanne Lynch on nearing 70 and life being more exciting than ever
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 10:00am
- Married at First SightMarried at First Sight's Martha Kalifatidis opens up about being bullied
Now To LoveYesterday 9:55am
- FamilyMental health advocate Mike King opens up about his daughter Alex following in his footsteps
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:41am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan has upgraded her engagement ring from Prince Harry
Now To LoveYesterday 9:15am