Feeding skin from within is integral to the way it looks on the outside, and this holistic approach has spawned a whole new wellness trend – nutricosmetics.
Herbs, collagen, probiotics, prebiotics and skin-loving substances such as maqui berry are just some of the key ingredients used in popular beauty powders such as Misty Day Plant Potions Pretty Brew and Nutra Organics Collagen Beauty. These can be mixed with water or added to smoothies to make your skin, hair and nails healthy, glowing and strong from the inside out.
Beauty-from-within products have been around for some time, their anti-ageing properties often aimed at an older demographic. However, herbalist, naturopath and founder of Misty Day Plant Potions Rachel Dawson believes younger people are now embracing ingestibles thanks to the promise of glowing hair and skin.
Misty Day Plant Potions Pretty Brew – with its millennial-friendly packaging and Instagrammable amethyst hue – hits the brief for that younger audience in both appearance and efficacy.
"Goji is very high in lycopene, which gives the skin a healthy glow and promotes collagen synthesis," explains Rachel. "Maqui and butterfly pea contain high levels of anthocyanins, which slow ageing and reduce pigmentation and redness.
"Pitaya contains vitamin C, which enhances collagen synthesis and skin healing, while rice-bran solubles deliver vitamin E to support healthy skin-ageing and give the skin a dewy, moisture-rich luminosity."
Who wouldn't want that?
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveToday 8:30am
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveToday 1:23pm
- RoyalsA royal reporter reveals the job Prince Harry once dreamed of before he met Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveToday 11:55am
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveToday 11:04am
- Expert AdviceKids' back-to-school worries and how you can help to ease them
Now To LoveToday 9:08am
- FamilyCelebrated artist Dame Louise Henderson's lost paintings and her daughter's mission to track them down
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- CareerWhy Olivia Newton-John's damehood holds extra significance
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 8:50am
- TVBachelorette Lesina Nakhid-Schuster lets us in on her reasons for joining the show
Woman's DayToday 8:15am
- RoyalsTwo of Archie’s godparents have been revealed to be Prince Harry’s closest childhood mentors
Now To LoveYesterday 3:30pm
- RoyalsPrince Harry reveals he felt 'there was no option' but to leave royal life
Now To LoveYesterday 11:18am
- RoyalsMike and Zara Tindall open up about family life and why they consider Australia their 'second home'
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- Diet & NutritionWhich diet would work best for you according to your personality
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 8:00am
- CareerArchie's beanie: Meet the Kiwi women whose business has been transformed thanks to one royal post
Woman's DayYesterday 7:30am