Got a pesky blemish that just won't go away? Here are the tips and tricks you need to cover it up like a pro, with expert help from Maybelline New York Makeup Artist Julia O'Neil.
What's the best way to cover up a blemish?
Julia: Using an opaque, pigment-rich concealer, take a fine concealer brush and gently pinpoint just the blemish, then use your fingertip to tap in the concealer to blend it in to the skin. Try not to wipe or tap too vigorously as this can lift off the concealer completely.
Don’t go for a concealer that is too light for your skin type (it will only emphasise the blemish) and stay away from highlighting concealers as blemishes don’t need highlighting.
Try Maybelline New York Cover Stick Waterproof Correction Concealer (RRP$18.99).
What's the best way to apply foundation over acne?
Julia: Try using oil free, mattifying foundations with a medium to buildable coverage, such as Maybelline New York SuperStay 24Hr Foundation (RRP$33.99). Apply foundation using a synthetic buffing brush and gently sweep it over the skin in circular motions. Make sure you clean the brush regularly to avoid the transfer of bacteria.
Once you have applied your foundation you can then see what is left to conceal. Take a pigmented concealer and gently press on to any blemishes with a concealing brush. Finally, apply a fine layer of finely milled pressed powder over the foundation and concealer to lock it in place.
Try Maybelline New York Fit Me Pressed Powder (RRP$19.99) for a natural finish, or if you are concerned about keeping shine at bay try the new Maybelline New York Matte Maker Powder (RRP$15.99).
- MindHilary Barry's perfect clap back at a viewer: ‘Enough with the age-shaming’
Now To LoveToday 9:20am
- Diet & NutritionDiet and ‘detox’ teas have been pulled from New Zealand shelves
Now To LoveYesterday 4:00pm
- RelationshipsMatty McLean reveals what partner Ryan calls him… and it’s not what you'd think!
Now To LoveYesterday 1:26pm
- RoyalsPrince Charles met Greta Thunberg and revealed why he doesn't want to disappoint his grandchildren
Now To LoveYesterday 12:55pm
- CareerNigella Lawson's new direction at 60: 'I feel so much more open to anything and everything'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:38am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine speaks out about the isolation she felt when Prince George was a baby
Now To LoveYesterday 9:18am
- WeddingsIt's love-all for tennis star Michael Venus as he marries the mother of his child
Woman's DayYesterday 8:15am
- Pregnancy & BirthBreakfast’s Hayley Holt is expecting her first child
Now To LoveJan 22, 2020
- Real LifeFacing the fiery inferno: Kiwi family's frightening Aussie bushfire ordeal
Woman's DayJan 22, 2020
- FamilyRussell Crowe's heartwarming revelation about his sons strikes a chord with many
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020
- TVLaura Daniel joins Seven Sharp team as special correspondent
Now To LoveJan 21, 2020