Got a pesky blemish that just won't go away? Here are the tips and tricks you need to cover it up like a pro, with expert help from Maybelline New York Makeup Artist Julia O'Neil.
What's the best way to cover up a blemish?
Julia: Using an opaque, pigment-rich concealer, take a fine concealer brush and gently pinpoint just the blemish, then use your fingertip to tap in the concealer to blend it in to the skin. Try not to wipe or tap too vigorously as this can lift off the concealer completely.
Don’t go for a concealer that is too light for your skin type (it will only emphasise the blemish) and stay away from highlighting concealers as blemishes don’t need highlighting.
Try Maybelline New York Cover Stick Waterproof Correction Concealer (RRP$18.99).
What's the best way to apply foundation over acne?
Julia: Try using oil free, mattifying foundations with a medium to buildable coverage, such as Maybelline New York SuperStay 24Hr Foundation (RRP$33.99). Apply foundation using a synthetic buffing brush and gently sweep it over the skin in circular motions. Make sure you clean the brush regularly to avoid the transfer of bacteria.
Once you have applied your foundation you can then see what is left to conceal. Take a pigmented concealer and gently press on to any blemishes with a concealing brush. Finally, apply a fine layer of finely milled pressed powder over the foundation and concealer to lock it in place.
Try Maybelline New York Fit Me Pressed Powder (RRP$19.99) for a natural finish, or if you are concerned about keeping shine at bay try the new Maybelline New York Matte Maker Powder (RRP$15.99).
- Celebrity NewsMiley Cyrus has shared brand new photos from her wedding to Liam Hemsworth
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsPrincess Eugenie's special message to husband Jack Brooksbank
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- CareerKiwi women who've made it their mission to make life better for others
The Australian Women's WeeklyYesterday 11:35am
- BodyThis 9 year old has a new heart thanks to one family's incredible gift of life
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 11:00am
- RoyalsPrince Harry spent Valentine's Day next to a shrine dedicated to himself and Duchess Meghan
Now To LoveYesterday 10:30am
- Married at First SightMAFS' Matthew Bennett insists losing his virginity to Lauren hasn't changed him
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine looks gorgeous in Gucci as she attends the 100 Women in Finance Gala
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- RelationshipsArt Green and Matilda Rice's family plans: they are so clucky!
Woman's DayFeb 14, 2019
- CompetitionsWin a double pass to Ports of Auckland Round the Bays plus a Samsung S9
Now To LoveFeb 14, 2019
- Celebrity NewsCold Feet's Hermione Norris lists all the reasons why she'd love to live in New Zealand
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyFeb 14, 2019
- WeddingsShortland St star Beluah Koale marries his soulmate in a day of 'pure joy'
Woman's DayFeb 13, 2019