Infrared body wraps are the latest Hollywood weight-loss craze, so we decided to find out exactly which stars are loving the new treatment!
From the Kardashian's to Miranda Kerr, stars are lining up to try the Infrared body wraps and discover the treatment's apparent healthy benefits.
The theory is that the 50 minute session, which sees you lying on a massage table, wrapped in silicone bandages which gradually heat, causes you to sweat.
Your body’s natural cooling processes then kick into overdrive to try to cool you down. This process requires a lot of energy and also increases circulation and fat-burning.
Following a session, you’ll feel like you’ve done a workout – even though you haven’t moved (except to maybe check your phone or turn the page of your favourite book).
Sweating has a bunch of benefits including detoxing, skin conditioning, cardio fitness, relaxation and weight loss.
And while we've all heard the saying "if it sounds too good to be true it usually is', BodyMechanique’s Wendy Gilbert-Grey says it is not the case with this Formostar treatment.
“Formostar accelerates many biological functions in the body, it increases the number of lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell in the front line of the body’s immune response," she said.
"In short, it’s a great way to detox your body of heavy metals, body fluids and toxins.”
Aussie supermodel Miranda Kerr, who has stripped down to show off her gorgeous bod for GQ magazine, is one of Wendy’s many clients.
“Looking and feeling great is one of my top priorities,” says Miranda who calls the treatment ‘magic’.
But Miranda isn’t the only model who uses the treatment. Jessica Gomes swings past for Formostar and Endermologie treatments when she’s in town before a big photo shoot.
According to Wendy, Love Child star Jessica Marais is also a fan of the treatments which decrease the appearance of cellulite whilst also shaping the body.
- SkincareAll you need to know about retinol and anti-ageing ingredients
Now To LoveMay 06, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Patrick and Belinda: 'Pat will make a great Dad!'
Woman's DayMay 05, 2021
- Married at First SightMAFS Bryce & Melissa: 'We're getting our own show!'
Woman's DayMay 04, 2021
- RoyalsPrince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, has died aged 99
Now To LoveApr 09, 2021
- TVPopstars panel tells all: Rock regrets, secret crushes and dad jokes!
Woman's DayApr 09, 2021
- Celebrity NewsIron Mike's magic milestone: 'I'm finally in a good space!'
Woman's DayApr 07, 2021
- TVBachelorettes' show down: Our last-ditch effort to woo Moses
Woman's DayMar 30, 2021
- TVBachelor babes bare all: 'Our lives have changed forever'
Woman's DayMar 29, 2021
- Celebrity NewsSmitten but sleep-deprived! Sam Wallace and fiancée Sarah are on double duty
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyMar 26, 2021
- Celebrity NewsKiwi stunt star Zoë Bell talks brain injuries and break-ups
Woman's DayMar 24, 2021