Alicia Keys' skincare specialist has revealed the singer's 'no make up' skincare routine is based around freezing gemstones and pulped vegetables.
Makeup artist and aesthetician Dotti, who works with the New York hit maker, made the odd revelations in W magazine. Keys' has recently chosen to forgo makeup in favour of an all-natural look.
"On some days, I'll look at her skin and say, 'You need cucumber today,' so I'll grate a full cucumber, then place the pulp no higher than her brow bone and no lower than her under-eye bone, not going near sensitive parts of the eye," she told the publication.
"If we've got time, I'll put the pulp all over her face until it draws the heat out of the skin and bring the blood to the top. That's what most of the cooling agents do."
Dotti also uses gemstones to keep the Voice judge's skin looking good.
"Right now, we're doing a lot of ice work to tighten skin, bring the blood to the surface," she said. "I stick a jade roller in ice, so it's basically freezing when I roll it over her skin. I really, really work into all those areas where I want blood and water and energy brought to the surface. It brings her skin to life. It practically makes her skin say, 'Hi, I love you'."
The professional also confirmed Keys' receives facials, eats healthy, exercises regularly and does acupuncture.
- FitnessCommon mistakes to avoid when you're working out for weight loss
Good Health ChoicesToday 9:30am
- RoyalsThe very unusual way Duchess Camilla just celebrated her 72nd birthday
Now To LoveYesterday 2:00pm
- RoyalsThe caring gesture that no one saw: How Duchess Catherine consoled Duchess Meghan at Wimbledon
Now To LoveYesterday 10:06am
- TVThe Block NZ's Lisa and Ribz fire back at the 'harsh and nasty' judges
Woman's DayYesterday 10:00am
- CareerQueen of tiny: Why I love recreating everything I see in miniature
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:00am
- TVHayley Holt reveals who her dream co-host would be and dishes on how work has affected her dating life
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30am
- CompetitionsWin a black and a rose gold Samsung Galaxy Watch Active worth $349 each!
Good Health ChoicesYesterday 7:00am
- WeddingsBride quits job to plan her dream wedding and demands her fiancé get a second job
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- BodyKaty Perry and Orlando Bloom's new age secret to staying young
Now To LoveJul 17, 2019
- Real LifeYoung dad's incredible feat to save his family from certain death
Woman's DayJul 16, 2019
- CareerThe tough Kiwi women who are running organisations that were traditionally 'boys' clubs'
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyJul 16, 2019