The biggest problem with lipstick as you age is the bleeding or feathering that happens (ie when the colour goes outside of your lip line). To combat this, always use a smudge-proof lip liner, and find a lipstick that will work to fill and plump.
1 By Terry Hyaluronic Sheer Rouge lipstick in Bang Bang, $65: Fills in lines, boosts volume and smooths lips.
2 Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Lip Pencil in Spice, $46: With 12 hours’ staying power, this is a must as it works hard to keep your lipstick on your lips, where it belongs!
These days a lacklustre complexion can be brightened up instantly with a sweep of highlighter. But don’t be fooled into thinking you can put a highlighter on like a normal blush.
Although some varieties may look similar, blush should always be applied to the apples of the cheeks, while your highlighter should be applied to the very top of your cheekbones.
1 Benefit High Beam, $49: This liquid form highlighter is a great option because it doesn’t use loose pigment, meaning it won’t settle in any lines or wrinkles.
2 Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light, $82: This powder is specifically made to brighten your complexion and diffuse and soften the way light is reflected off the skin.
When looking at foundations, make sure you choose one that will work to plump the skin and give you as many hydrating benefits as possible.
This will help the foundation look fresher for longer, but also benefit your skin underneath.
1 By Terry Wrinkle Control Serum Foundation, $174: Made up of plant active ingredients, the serum side of this formula targets wrinkles, while the foundation side provides ample coverage.
2 Eve Lom Sheer Radiance Oil-Free Foundation, $79: This product blends antioxidants from raspberry stem cells with a mattifying rice powder to give oil-free shine all day long.
Brows are big at the moment, which can be an issue because as we age the hair on our eyebrows tends to become a bit more sparse.
While you can certainly mask this by using a brow pencil or powder to fill them in, the best course of action is to use a product that will also add bulk, such as brush-on fibres.
1 Innoxa Brow Enhancer, $30: Containing tiny hair particles, this tinted fibre gel will instantly fill in any gaps.
2 Smashbox Brow Tech Shaping Powder, $48: Using fine loose powder to mimic hair, this product will work to add volume to the thinnest of brows.
Achieving a wide-eyed look will not only help you look younger, but also less tired. Lash curlers have long been the go-to choice to open up and curl your lashes; however, overuse can actually decrease lash density over time, leaving you with fewer lashes.
Instead of a traditional lash curler opt for a heated one as this is much gentler on the lashes and you won’t accidentally pull any out.
1 Blinc Heated Lash Curler, $40: Brush upwards and keep the heated comb pressed against the lashes for 5 seconds, then brush further up and hold it to the top of your lashes for a further 5 seconds. Et voilà!
2 Mac Pro Beyond Twisted Lash, $48: This custom bend wand can be bent in all directions up to a complete 90° angle, which allows you to reach the inner and outer corners of your lash line with ease.
- RoyalsThe Queen tells Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan they must ditch their ‘Sussex Royal’ brand
Now To LoveToday 12:20pm
- RoyalsThe Royal Family's official website accidentally linked to an X-rated site instead of a charity
Now To LoveYesterday 4:15pm
- RoyalsMore royal heartbreak: The Queen's nephew the Earl of Snowdon has separated from his wife of 26 years
Now To LoveYesterday 12:40pm
- RoyalsPrincess Diana’s niece Lady Kitty Spencer is converting to Judaism for her fiancé
Now To LoveYesterday 10:40am
- Pregnancy & BirthJohn Campbell's adorable reaction to All Black TJ Perenara's baby news will melt your heart
Now To LoveYesterday 9:48am
- TVHow love and a heartbreaking tragedy gave Lily McManus the courage to say yes to The Bachelorette
Woman's DayYesterday 8:00am
- CareerSt Matthew-in-the-City's first female vicar Reverend Dr Helen Jacobi lets us into her world
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 8:00am
- RoyalsWhy this adorable photo of Princess Charlotte means so much to Duchess Catherine
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2020
- RoyalsDuchess Catherine gets candid about motherhood: from hypnobirthing to ‘mum guilt’
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2020
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ intruder Mike Bullot is Chelsea Winter's former husband
Now To LoveFeb 17, 2020
- TVThe Bachelorette intruders: Meet the men hoping to steal the show
Now To LoveFeb 16, 2020
- Pregnancy & Birth‘I gave birth to our miracle baby the night before my wedding’
Woman's DayFeb 15, 2020