They may have a team of dermatologists and makeup artists on hand 24/7, but even the most genetically-blessed celebs face the same ageing issues as we do.
Skin damage, dehydration and wrinkles can start to take a toll on skin as we get older and, while ageing is a beautiful and natural part of life, these A-listers seem to have cracked the code to an age-defying glow. Grab a pen and paper as we chart the best celebrity anti-ageing tips.
There’s no denying the actress and Goop founder has an interesting approach when it comes to health and beauty, but as she’s grown older, Gwyneth attests to true beauty beginning from the inside.
“I do really believe that beauty comes from within,” she tells ELLE. “Mostly how you feel about yourself and how you express love of yourself, but also in the form of nutrition.”
Anna Faris revealed one of her biggest beauty regrets — and how she’s since solved the problem — to InStyle.
“I wish I had started using sun protection earlier! I always forget, so moisturisers with SPF are perfect for me.”
With New Zealand's harsh UV levels, Anna's tip is one we can all learn from.
While she certainly won the genetic lottery, the '90s supermodel credits her flawless beauty to her healthy lifestyle.
“There's no secret! Looking good is about eating right, getting enough sleep, and drinking lots of water,” Cindy told Redbook. “Also, you have to get moving. I work out several times a week, and I hike and ride bikes.”
When Goldie Hawn made her return to the big screen this year in Snatched, it was hard to believe it had been 15 years since her last movie role. Goldie credits meditation for her age-defying looks.
“You will see that the benefits of meditation aren't just in your head,” she told Prevention. “They’re as physiological as the benefits of exercise on your muscles.”
Having a career in the spotlight since a teenager, Demi has certainly mastered the Hollywood secret to ageing gracefully.
“I moisturise, moisturise, moisturise — that's the most important lesson my mother passed on to me, and I say it to my daughters all the time,” the actress told Allure.
The Blue Lagoon actress has always been known for her natural beauty. Speaking to Redbook, Brooke praises her mum’s advice for her flawless complexion.
“It was actually my mom who told me not to pull on my skin when applying makeup or moisturiser. ‘Be gentle with your face,’ she'd say.”
There's a reason why Naomi Campbell’s modelling career has yet to slow. Her luminous skin is a result of staying hydrated and cutting sugar.
“I take care of myself, eat well, try to balance what I put in my body,” Naomi tells W magazine. “I stay away from sugar and drink lots of water.”
While Chrissy is known for her hilarious pranks, when it comes to her skincare, the model takes her routine seriously.
“I believe good skin starts in your gut (ew) but sometimes the mere change of me juicing or eating ‘clean’ can make my skin act up, too,” she tells Allure. “Don't overwash, invest in a great moisturiser, and drink plenty of water.”
It’s hard to believe the Calendar Girls star is 72 years old, but the actress reveals her secret to looking younger is a rather easy one.
“I try to sleep as much as possible, she tells Mirror. “It's very important and, as you get older, even more so.”
The Sex and the City actress believes her workouts keep her looking as youthful as she does.
“I work out every other day. I try to do cardio three or four times a week,” Kim told Woman and Home. “The older I get, the less jarring I want my exercise to be and I find that a long walk is equally as helpful and satisfying as a three-mile jog.”
Cameron Diaz believes she has become fitter with age.
“My ass is definitely higher than it was when I was 20,” the Charlie’s Angels star told Access Hollywood. “This is the thing that people don’t understand — take care of your body [and it will] get better! It gets better as I get older. Absolutely.”
- RoyalsPrince Charles is out of self-isolation after recovering from Covid-19
Now To LoveToday 10:50am
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry share their final Instagram post as working royals
Now To LoveToday 9:15am
- RelationshipsJennifer Aniston and Courteney Cox celebrate 25 years of friendship
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyToday 9:00am
- FamilyThe Breeze's Robert Scott: We've downsized and sold our family home to become apartment dwellers
New Zealand Woman's WeeklyYesterday 9:09pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Richie Boyens wins Lily McManus' heart
Now To LoveYesterday 8:30pm
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Lesina explains her shock decision to leave the show alone
Now To LoveYesterday 7:52pm
- Pregnancy & BirthRonan and Storm Keating have welcomed a baby daughter
Now To LoveYesterday 2:50pm
- TVBored already? Here are five ways the men passed the time in the Bachelorette mansion
Now To LoveYesterday 1:25pm
- RoyalsThe Sussexes have responded to President Trump’s refusal to foot the bill for their security
Now To LoveYesterday 1:15pm
- BodyDoctors and vets answer your questions on Covid-19, living in a bubble and sanitisation
Now To LoveYesterday 12:00pm
- RoyalsDuchess Meghan and Prince Harry have hired the head of their new non-profit organisation
Now To LoveYesterday 11:20am
- FitnessSam Hayes' adorable exercise buddy will melt your heart
Now To LoveYesterday 9:26am
- CompetitionsWin an Essence of Humanity skincare pack thanks to Countdown!
Now To LoveYesterday 9:00am
- TVThe Bachelorette NZ: Lesina dumps Logan... so does that mean Aaron gets the final rose?
Now To LoveMar 29, 2020
- FamilyParenting through Covid-19: 50 things to do with your kids during lockdown
Now To LoveMar 29, 2020
- FamilyJacinda Ardern adds toilet training to the mix at home amidst Covid-19 lockdown
Now To LoveMar 29, 2020