In one of the cooler collaborations of 2018 — even if we do say so ourselves — The Australian Women's Weekly has joined forces with Barbie to create The Australian Women's Weekly Barbie Cookbook.
With recipes by the award-winning pastry chef Anna Polyviou road-tested in The Weekly's Test Kitchen, with the help of Anna's Junior Executive Chef Lola, there is something for all budding chefs to try at home. From eye-catching sweet treats to healthy after-school snacks, these delicious triple-tested recipes are sure to please the kids. (And the big kids!).
So what are you waiting for? Get the kids in the kitchen and give them a whirl now. Here's a sneak-peek of one of our favourite recipes from the book...
Anna's rocky road popcorn cups
PREP + COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- 400g milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 140g raspberry lollies, halved
- 130g caramel nut popcorn
- 85g original potato chips, crushed roughly
- 100g honeycomb, chopped coarsely
- Place 18 x 100ml cardboard cupcake cases in two 12-hole (1/3-cup/80ml) muffin trays or on an oven tray.
- Place chocolate and oil in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on High (100%) in 30-second bursts, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large heatproof bowl, reserving 3/4 cup of the mixture to scatter over the tops of the cups.
- Add chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the rocky road mixture evenly among cups. Sprinkle with the reserved combined mixture.
- Refrigerate cups for 30 minutes or until sets.
Anna's tip: This is a simple, fun recipe to get the kids involved. I used Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs for the caramel nut popcorn, but you can use plain popcorn if you like.
Brought to you by Barbie. You can be anything.
The Australian Women's Weekly Barbie. You can be anything. The Australian Women's Weekly Barbie Cookbook is available now at The Warehouse nationwide.*|target="_blank") Cookbook is available now at The Warehouse nationwide.