1. It keeps our bones and joints correctly aligned so that our muscles are used properly.
2. It helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that can lead to arthritis.
3. It decreases stress on the ligaments that hold the joints of the spine together.
4. It prevents the spine from being fixed in abnormal positions. 5. It prevents fatigue because your muscles are being used more efficiently. 6. It reduces the chance of strain or overuse problems. 7. It prevents backache and muscular pain. 8. It helps you look better.
Bad posture can be caused by:
- Weak muscles
- High-heeled shoes
- Tight muscles and decreased flexibility
- Poor work environment
- Poor sitting and standing habits