Michelle Obama has left a lasting legacy from her time in the White House and has garnered international acclaim for her work to reduce childhood obesity in America.
We have collated her top five moments from her time as FLOTUS, but narrowing it down was a tough task.
5. Let’s Move! was a breakout moment for Michelle as the first-ever Task Force on Childhood Obesity was created which revolutionised school lunches and encouraged children to live active and healthy lives.
Higher nutritional standards were set for schools through the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, which was developed with Michelle's support.
4. Planting the White House vegetable garden solidified the movement started by Laura Bush which encouraged the White House kitchen to only buy and use organic produce.
Michelle is often seen gardening in the plot, and has even hosted foreign dignitaries between rows of vegetables!
3. Her ‘mum dancing’ became an iconic part of her time as First Lady, evening busted a move on TV!
She was joined by Jimmy Fallon to promote Let’s Move! and we can’t help but still laugh at their best moves.
2. The FLOTUS even starred at the Oscars. Well not quite, but she did present the winning Oscar to Argo for Best Picture via satellite link from the White House.
Appearing from the Diplomatic Reception Room in a golden gown, she was a highlight of the night in 2013.
1. Shopping in a pharmacy might not seem fitting for a First Lady, but Michelle isn’t one to shy away from a challenge.
Appearing in a funny video to support friend Ellen DeGeneres, the pair visited a local shop in order to help Michelle acclimatise to the real world.